Proverbs 2:16 To deliver thee from the strange woman, even from the stranger which flattereth with her words;
There are several warnings in the Bible, but one warning which is repetitive in the book of Proverbs is to “beware of the strange” woman. In this context, the word Strange (H2114) means: (to turn aside, to be a foreigner, profane, to commit adultery, prostitute, harlot.)
This spirit is very dangerous, and it is ultimately assigned to take believers off the righteous path. It can cause poverty, fruitless labor, entanglement with cords of sin, which brings about death and eventually leads to hell!
Flattery: The strange woman is A seductress who uses flattering and smooth words to gain entrance. Flattery (H2513) also means smoothness, A smooth thing. The dictionary meaning for flattery is Excessive and insincere praise, given primarily to further one’s interests. Those who flatter with their lips always offer false praise; they are used by A spirit of seduction and deception. If the motive is not pure, it can release witchcraft upon the victim and draw them unto themselves. We always notice this in church settings or via social media (“You are such A good man of GOD”) (“The leadership doesn’t give you the recognition you need”) etc. If the victim isn’t careful, this false praise/ flattery could lead to self-pride. I’ve been on both sides of this spirit of flattery and understand very well how this works.
I’ve witnessed this false flattery in the office place as well. I worked with A coworker that praised you while you were in their face. It was excessive praise, but once you walked out, the coworker always had something wrong to say. Compliments are good, and when they are out of the right spirit, we must be able to discern between A compliment or flattery.
Seduction: As mentioned above, through seducing flattery, the strange woman can gain entrance to your soul. A seductress is A woman who seduces someone, especially one who entices a man into sexual activity. Another name for A seductress is A siren, temptress, Femme fatale, sorceress(witch). The word seduction means literally to lead astray. It is a deliberate “step-by-step” process of temptation and enticement, causing someone to do something they wouldn’t normally do.
In Proverbs 7, the wiles of the Strange woman through her much fair speech and enticement caused A young man to yield to her. She prompted him to yield using the seduction of her flattering words; she used the “step-by-step” process of temptation and enticement to cause this young man to do something he wouldn’t normally do.
- Proverbs 7:21 With her much fair speech, she caused him to yield, with the flattering of her lips she forced him.
This strange woman cannot deceive you unless she seduces you first, once you are seduced and yielded to this strong spirit of seduction a soul tie is formed this makes it easier to cause(force) her victims to succumb to her flattering smooth words. Beware of the Seductress!
Whoredoms: The spirit of whoredoms includes lewdness, fornication, adultery, prostitution, Idolatry, and all sexually illicit sin. The strange woman operates as A whore; she has the attire of A Harlot to show the world she is “available” always looking for the next victim. Like the daughters of Zion, they had Wanton eyes and stretched forth necks; this is how the strange woman works. Her eyes are always wondering, looking, or wondering who is paying attention to her.
Included in her whoredoms is the fact that she is unfaithful, she is A covenant breaker, she forgets the guide of her youth and forgets the covenant of her God. If A young man gets in entangled with this spirit, she is guaranteed to be unfaithful to him, especially if she is unfaithful to God. Beware of the whoredoms in the strange woman, through A whorish woman; you will be brought to A piece of bread (poverty).
Along with this whoredom spirit is A spirit of adultery, remember the strange woman is unfaithful and A covenant breaker, there is no surprise the Bible calls her an adulteress. Her job is to hunt for the precious life (she hunts with A hook the precious life of a man). Those who commit adultery lack common sense and sound judgment; only those who are wanting to destroy their soul will fall into this trap.
- Proverbs 23:27-28 “For a whore is a deep ditch, and a strange woman is a narrow pit. She also lieth in wait for prey and increaseth the transgressors among men”.
- Proverbs 6:26 “For by means of a whorish woman a man is brought to a piece of bread: and the adulteress will hunt for the precious life”.
- Proverbs 6:32 But whoso committeth adultery with a woman lacketh understanding: he that doeth it destroyeth his own soul.
There are other ways this spirit operates to name A few:
- She doesn’t think about life; there is no thought about life, especially eternal life; she only lives for the moment.
- She is unstable, and you will never know where her path leads. Blindly following this spirit will lead to death, which leads to hell. Her feet go down to death, and her steps lead to hell. (Prov 5)
- She operates at night, hanging at night clubs, bars, hunting for the next victim.
Ladies, the strange woman spirit uses what is in us, Jesus warned us the prince of this world comes and has nothing in him. Jesus wants us to be the same way as well. It will search for any hurt, rejection, insecurity, abandonment, etc. it will use any door or soul wound to operate. It happens little by little until you are operating as A Jezebel unknowingly. Jezebel is the strange woman, and we are warned to beware of this spirit and not to tolerate it (Rev 2).
- Take heed to wise counsel
- Listen & obey the word of GOD
- Seek deliverance from all forms of lust (James 1: 14 & 15 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.)
- Let your way be far from this strange woman (Remember Joseph, flee temptation)
- You must love instruction and discipline
- Make your heart attentive to instruction, understanding, and correction.
- Always incline your ear to the truth of God’s word.
- If you are married, drink from your own pure marriage relationship.
- Most importantly, guard your eyes, heart, and mind.
In conclusion, the Bible shows us this is A destructive spirit; its ultimate goal is to take its captives to hell, stopping its victim from pursuing God’s will & purpose for their life. Please don’t fall prey to this spirit nor allow it to use you with its flattery and seduction. BEWARE OF THE STRANGE WOMAN!
Please tune in to the bible study “To Hell with Jezebel” I pray deliverance for the captives in Jesus Name! http://omegaministries.org/audio/message?id=830