2nd Thessalonians 2:3 Let no one in any way deceive or entrap you, for that day will not come unless the apostasy comes first [that is, the great rebellion, the abandonment of the faith by professed Christians], and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction [the Antichrist, the one who is destined to be destroyed],
2nd Thessalonians 2:7-8 For the mystery of lawlessness [rebellion against divine authority and the coming reign of lawlessness] is already at work; [but it is restrained] only until he who now restrains it is taken out of the way. Then the lawless one [the Antichrist] will be revealed, and the Lord Jesus will slay him with the breath of His mouth and bring him to an end by the appearance of His coming.
In the scripture above, the Apostle Paul provides A few proceedings that are prophesied to happen before Jesus Second Coming:
- There will be A falling away = A great Rebellion against the Christian faith by professed Christians.
- The Anti-Christ (the man of lawlessness) will be revealed, and he will demand worship
- A mystery of Iniquity (lawlessness) (Rebellion against divine authority and the coming reign of lawlessness)
Continually listed in these scriptures are the words: Rebellion, and lawlessness. An Apostasy is a rebellion against God Almighty and His Son, Jesus Christ. This reveals there will be (in these end times) professing Christians with A spirit of rebellion. There will also be A rebellious uprising against God, our Father.
Rebellion defined: Rebellion is Opposition to one in authority or dominance. A refusal of obedience of order, an open resistance against established authority.
- Romans 13:1 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God [granted by His permission and sanction], and those which exist have been put in place by God.
Divine Authority: God has an established order, In the Bible, God outlines authority structures which provide direction for the family, church, workplace, and government. Let us focus on two authority structures the family and the church.
In recent “worldly” events, we’ve noticed an uprising/revolt of rebellion against police(requesting to defund the police), local governors and etc. While the protestors in the street scream against social injustice, God has shown me A different view regarding these riots. These individuals aren’t upset with the President, or police brutality; instead, they are rebelling against GOD the Father. These are fatherless children who have past hurts, offenses, and disappointments from their earthly Father. Since these offenses have not been adequately resolved, it causes lawlessness and rebellion against ALL authority.
In the family, the correct structure is God>Jesus>Husband>Wife>Children. God entrusts husbands with the leadership of the family unit. A husband is to love his wife as he loves himself. A wife is to submit to the leadership of her husband, coming alongside him as a helpmate. Parents are responsible for training their children, and children are to honor and obey their parents. (See Ephesians 5:21–6:4 and Proverbs 6:20–21.) When this order is correct, it usually flows from the home to the local church. (This is God’s design)
- 1 Timothy 3:1-2,4-5 Now an overseer must be blameless and beyond reproach, the husband of one wife, self-controlled, sensible, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, This is a faithful and trustworthy saying: if any man [eagerly] seeks the office of overseer (bishop, superintendent), he desires an excellent task. 4-5 He must manage his own household well, keeping his children under control with all dignity [keeping them respectful and well-behaved] (for if a man does not know how to manage his own household, how will he take care of the church of God?). ‘
Although this is God’s design, it has been turned upside down. It happened in the garden with Adam and Eve and is prevalent in the home today. Not following God’s will has led to fatherless, broken homes, and broken children. This is expressed in rebellion and lawlessness against all authority, even in the church. When we think of the great falling away, we picture someone leaving the church or faith for atheism or A false belief (which is true), but the root cause seems to come from A spirit of rebellion. We must remember rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, if we are led by A rebellious spirit, we’ve now opened the door to witchcraft.
The rebellious home & The rebellious church: The incorrect Order in the (disobedient) household is: Jezebel>Wife>Husband> Children this is A perverted order, and it always leads to A Matriarchal Society this society will always rebel against Gods true prophets. Which is why we will see A End-time rebellion even in the church. The issue starts in the home, but if it isn’t set in God’s correct order, it will flow into the local church. As we look at the “Professing “Christian” church, we can clearly see this perverted order in Operation.
Mostly all sin and corruption in our society roots from the loss of Godly love from our earthly fathers. As a result, we see an uprising against all authority, including God.
Read the following Article: The Spirit of Jezebel Fatherless
The Spirit of Rebellion and The Jezebel spirit: Our battle is never against flesh & blood (EPH 6), so although we experience our hurt from humans, we must understand these vessels are/were under the influence of an evil spirit. Some spirits that are associated with the Spirit of Rebellion are:
- Anti-submissiveness: “Not willing to submit or yield to the authority of another”
- Selfishness: “concerned excessively or exclusively with oneself: seeking or concentrating on one’s own advantage, pleasure, or well-being without regard for others.”
- Unteachable: “Unable to be taught.”
- Hatred of Authority: “Extreme dislike or disgust for authority.”
The spirit of rebellion is also associated with the Jezebel spirit along with female dominance, witchcraft, control, this Jezebel spirit Operates through A curse destroying God’s order and the family priesthood. This is the primary goal. As A Result, We currently have A society that has been rooted in rebellion and in defiance against authority.
Our rightful place as Christian believers is to seek God and have him restore our souls. It doesn’t matter what hurt, pain, offense, or broken hearts we’ve experienced. Our role is to forgive. We must forgive to heal.
- Ezekiel 18:1-4 The word of the Lord came to me again, saying, “What do you mean by using this proverb concerning the land of Israel, ‘The fathers eat sour grapes [they sin], But the children’s teeth are set on edge’? As I live,” says the Lord God, “you are certainly not going to use this proverb [as an excuse] in Israel anymore. Behold (pay close attention), all souls are Mine; the soul of the Father as well as the soul of the son is Mine. The soul who sins will die.
We are (I believe) in A season of restoration, God is restoring the hearts of the Fathers and children. He is turning the hearts of the children back to the fathers, he is doing A quick and mighty work in these end-times. God is calling his children to A deeper, more intimate relationship with him, but we must deal with these root issues. Dealing with these issues will remove all barriers that hinder us from growing closer to our heavenly Father.
- James 4:8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.
- Hebrews 12:9 Furthermore, we have all had earthly fathers who disciplined us, and we respected them. Should we not much more submit to the Father of our spirits and live?
- Psalm 68:5-6 A father of the fatherless and a judge and protector of the widows, Is God in His holy habitation. God makes a home for the lonely; He leads the prisoners into prosperity, Only the stubborn and rebellious dwell in a parched land. ‘
In conclusion, If A root of rebellion is identified, the first step is to repent and be reconciled back to the Father. We will continue this study; further, I pray this has been A blessing feel free to comment below. God Bless!
Please view our bible-studies online: Omegaministries.org feel free to support this end-time mission.