Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these ; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, Witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. ‘
Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. ‘
In 2021, we live in A age where the works of the flesh are a part of the daily lives of people. To be led by the Spirit of God has become taboo. The spirit of this world has A strong force designed to mislead and draw people away. We are seeing multitudes of Christians being drawn out by the enticing & seductive spirit of this world.
To draw away means: Remove by drawing or pulling; other synonyms for this word are: draw off, pull off, pick off, pluck off, tweak or pull out sharply.
Surprisingly, this is what we are seeing as many people are drawn out of the church. They are following after the lust of the flesh.
What is this spiritual force that’s causing so many people to turn away from the path of righteousness? What is causing people to be misled down A crooked path? It is mentioned in the scripture above as one of the works of the flesh; it is “Witchcraft.”
Derek Prince describes Witchcraft as “the religion of fallen humanity, Witchcraft is public enemy number one.” I also like to describe Witchcraft as the perverted anointing of Satan.
The fall of Lucifer:
Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD ; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty. Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. Thou art the anointed Cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. ‘
After reading these verses, it is clear that Ezekiel is describing the king of Tyre in terms that could not apply to a man. According to the scripture above, this king has/had the following attributes:
- He was in the Garden of Eden (28:13)
- Is A cherubim angel (“The anointed Cherub) (28:14)
- Had access to the Holy Mountain of God (28:14)
- He was full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
- This being was A created being
- Until iniquity was found and he was cast down (28:16,17)
A few more things we can gather from the scripture above is
- Lucifer was the anointed Cherub, but although he fell, he never lost his anointing; it is now A perverted anointing.
- He was full of wisdom, but now he has A corrupted wisdom (James 3:15)
- He was created to give praise and Glory to GOD, but he began to glorify himself.
- He became self-exalted (narcissistic)
- Prideful and self-deluded. (James 1:22)
When he fell, he became the opposite of what God created him to be; this is the definition of perversion.
Perversion: The alteration of something from its original course, meaning, or state to a distortion or corruption of what was first intended.
As one writer explains, “Witchcraft is the corrupted or perverted anointing of the devil he uses to advance his rebellion as a fallen angel. It is the supernatural power that he possesses and shares with humans who are under his dominion and serve him. Through this power or satans perverted anointing, servants of the devil can perform supernatural acts or miracles.”
Choosing the right Path:
One of the goals of Witchcraft is to cause people to leave from the path GOD has called them to walk in. They turn away from the truth to follow after a misleading spirit. Once people are drawn away from the truth, their path becomes crooked (perverse).
In the bible, several scriptures speak of our pathway in life.
Pathway defined: As applied to man, a course or manner of life: (i) man’s outward lot in life, his career or destiny, path, path’-wa (orach, nethibhah, etc.; tribos, trochia):
- Psalm 23:3 He refreshes and restores my soul (life); He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake.
- Proverbs 3:6 In all your ways know and acknowledge and recognize Him, And He will make your paths straight and smooth [removing obstacles that block your way].
- Proverbs 10:17 He who learns from instruction and correction is on the [right] path of life [and for others his example is a path toward wisdom and blessing], But he who ignores and refuses correction goes off course [and for others his example is a path toward sin and ruin].
As mentioned in Proverbs 10:17, those who learn from instruction and correction are on the right path of life, but those who ignore and refuse correction “go off course” means they (deflect, depart, deviate, wander, bend) from the right path. To receive correction, we must have A teachable spirit those who are teachable:
- Continually seek wise counsel
- Their ears are open and attentive to skillful and godly wisdom (This person is not listening to A lot of voices) Proverbs 2
- Apply their heart to seeking understanding, diligently striving for understanding of God and his ways.
- Meditate on the word of God to understand his word. God gives us skillful and godly wisdom) and from his word (mouth) comes knowledge and understanding Proverbs 2
Those who are unteachable are the opposite. Being UN-teachable is A sin; as we read above, this person ignores and refuses correction or rebuke, which causes them to “go off course.” When someone is unteachable, they are wise in their own eyes, they do not seek wise Godly counsel, and their ears are shut to any godly wisdom. This person will appear to receive correction outwardly, but inwardly they are rebelling against the truth being presented to them.
They may even appear to repent but will continue to make the same mistakes repeatedly because of the rebellion and pride that is within them. The unteachable person is very obstinate. When someone is stubborn and rebellious, this is likened to Witchcraft.
- Proverbs 26:12 Do you see a man [who is unteachable and] wise in his own eyes and full of self-conceit? There is more hope for a fool than for him.
- 1st Samuel 15:23 For rebellion is as the sin of Witchcraft, And stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry.
The naïve Christian: A naïve Christian is A UN-discerning Christian; to be naïve is someone who shows A lack of experience, wisdom, or judgment. Naïve people are easily misled. When they are easily misled; it is easy for their path to become perverted. This person will believe every word they hear. Let’s look at two words that are related to being naïve:
- Silly: Having or showing A lack of common sense or judgment; absurd and foolish.
- Gullible: Easily persuaded to believe something.
Proverbs 14:15 The naive or inexperienced person [is easily misled and] believes every word he hears, But the prudent man [is discreet and astute and] considers well where he is going.
Silly women in the last days: Apostle Paul warned Timothy of the perilous times we would see at the end of the age. He warned us there would be silly/gullible/naive women who are easily led away by diverse lusts because they are burdened (oppressed, weighed down, and overloaded) with sin.
2 Timothy 3:6-7 AMP For among them are those who worm their way into homes and captivate morally weak and spiritually–dwarfed women weighed down by [the burden of their] sins, easily swayed by various impulses, always learning and listening to anybody who will teach them, but never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
- These women are spiritual but, their spiritual maturity level is dwarfed. It is dwarfed due to their unteachable heart, they are now unable to come to the recognition (the fact of knowing something or someone) of the truth (Jesus). They are always learning new information but never come to the knowledge of the truth (Jesus). Since they only know about Jesus but have never grown to know Jesus (intimately) himself, they are easily misled.
The path of evil (The evil, perverse man & the strange woman) In Proverbs 2, we are warned to stay from the way (path) of sin and the evil man. The evil man speaks perverse (crooked, untoward, forward) words. Think of the Garden of Eden when the serpent came and questioned God’s word to eve; the perverse man is the same. As A Result, this spirit does the following:
- Perverts the way (path) of the righteous
- Can cause someone to leave the path of uprightness
- Walk in the ways (path) of darkness
- Begin to find joy in doing evil and delight in the perversity of evil.
- Their path becomes perverse (crooked); they become devious (deceptive) in their ways.
The strange woman is the same; she uses flattering/enticing words as she hunts for unstable/naïve souls. But, unfortunately, her path leads to the dead. Those who go to her do not return nor regain (retrieve, recover) the paths of life. Beware of the evil man and the strange woman.
Here is an article of A young lady explaining how she was spiritually misled by Witchcraft: Spiritually deceived by Witchcraft.
As I mentioned before, Witchcraft perverts the path of the righteous. When the Apostle Paul confronted the Sorcerer in the bible, he confirmed the same thing the goal is to pervert the path of the righteous. In the occult, one of the terms for people that enter into traditional Witchcraft is “The Crooked Path,” they also have the left-hand path and right-hand path. Notice the emphasis on the word “path.”
Confronting Witchcraft: In the New Testament, the apostles faced sorcerers who hindered the gospel of Jesus Christ. So likewise, sorcery opposes people and try to turn them away from accepting the faith. As we confront Witchcraft, we need to be filled with the Holy Spirit and led by the Holy Spirit just as the Apostles were.
When they had traveled through the entire island [of Cyprus] as far as Paphos, they found a sorcerer, a Jewish false prophet named Bar-Jesus, Who was [closely associated] with the proconsul [of the province], Sergius Paulus, an intelligent and sensible man. He called for Barnabas and Saul and wanted to hear the word of God [concerning eternal salvation through faith in Christ]. But Elymas the Sorcerer (for that is how his name is translated) opposed them, trying to turn the proconsul away from accepting the faith. But Saul, who was also known as Paul, filled with the Holy Spirit and led by Him, looked steadily at Elymas and said, “You [Elymas] who are full of every [kind of] deceit, and every [kind of] fraud, you son of the devil, enemy of everything that is right and good, will you never stop perverting the straight paths of the Lord? ‘
Those who operate in Witchcraft to oppose the preaching of the gospel are:
- Children of the devil
- Enemies of everything right and good.
Ultimately they pervert the straight paths of the Lord. But, God’s hand is upon those who do this evil.
In conclusion, we are called to be led by the Spirit of God. We are not called to walk in the flesh. Jesus came to make our crooked paths straight; he can turn everything that is crooked straight; it’s up to us to choose this day who we will serve.
God guards the path of justice (righteousness) those in right standing with him. God preserves (protects, safeguard) the way of his saints. Open your ears to skillful and godly wisdom be attentive to godly wisdom. Apply your heart to seek understanding (diligently) strive for it eagerly. Proverbs 2
We are called to Repent and return to the old pathways. Go back in the way of righteousness towards eternal life with Jesus Christ.
- Jeremiah 6:16 Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls
God Bless and Keep you All ~ Tanicia
For more understanding, check out the resources below:
Please visit our site for bible-studies and teachings at omegaministries.org
- God Declares War on Witchcraft: GOD declares war on Witchcraft
- Declaring War on Witchcraft: Declaring War on Witchcraft
Please consider supporting our end-time work. View the video presentations for Dunamis Tabernacle below. If you’d like to support, click on support, and donate on the omega ministries website. We appreciate your time.
Dunamis Tabernacle Presentation: https://www.youtube.com/watch v=e3eAnPjAkTI
Send all questions & prayer requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.