There are 3 particular areas that are very popular in public schools right now that Christian parents need to be aware of: Mindfulness – Many mystic practices are being introduced to students through mindfulness. Mindfulness activities are influenced heavily by New Age teachings and eastern mysticism. This is a practice that is happening in schools […]3 Areas Christian Parents Need to Know About
Isaiah 58:5Is a fast such as this what I have chosen, a day for a man to humble himself [with sorrow in his soul]? Is it only to bow down his head like a reed And to make sackcloth and ashes as a bed [pretending to have a repentant heart]? Do you call this a fast and a day pleasing to the Lord? ‘
As born-again believers, fasting is essential to our spiritual lives. Fasting is beneficial; rather, it is a full or partial fast; the key is setting your heart/face to seek God. There are certain types of fasts, but as we seek God, we want to embark on a fast that is pleasing to the Lord. As stated in the above scripture, there is such A fast that is pleasing to the Lord. God has given us his key to effective fasting; let us read Isaiah 58 to understand the proper fast in which the Lord delights.
What is fasting?Fasting is the discipline or practice of abstaining from or eating very little food for biblical reasons. The KJV translates Strong’s H6684 in the following manner: root; to cover over (the mouth) In short, fasting is the act of refraining from or not eating very little food; during A fast, the goal is to place A cover over the mouth.
Always approach fasting with humility. Fasting must be genuine and not religious or hypocritical. God wants us to do all things with the correct motives, including fasting. During your fast, it should be A time of examining your heart and repenting.
Types of fast: As we notice, fasting is to abstain from food; several people may fast from: TV, the internet, social media, etc. to abstain from these things aren’t bad. However, to fast biblically means to abstain from food.
- Full Fasts: Complete fast with or without drinks and completely no food.
- Partial Fasts: Abstaining from food for A certain amount of time. A partial fast can include some food such as vegetables and can be done for long lengths.
Why should we fast? Fasting draws us near to God. God is not interested in our outward show; instead, he looks at our hearts. When we draw nigh to God, he will draw near to us James 4:8 There are several biblical reasons for fasting, some reasons are in Isaiah 58:
To undo the bonds of wickedness: God wants to break/lose the band (fetter) of wickedness & iniquity in our lives. Are you or someone you know bound by sin? Scripture tells us that when we are bound by sin, we are servants and slaves to sin John 8:34. Romans 6:16 rather its pornography, masturbation, alcoholism, adultery, lying, fornication, or any besetting sin, GOD wants to set you free. You may need to incorporate fasting with your prayers for your complete breakthrough and revival.
To undo the heavy burdens: God wants to remove and violently shake/tear off the heavy yokes/bands of burdens weighing us down. A burden is something that is carried. Such as A load. A burden can be: False responsibilities; burdens are typically something oppressive and worrisome A heavy burden of guilt, A financial burden, or simply us trying to bear the load for someone. Let us read what Jesus says about these burdens:
- Matthew 11:29-30 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
To let the oppressed go free and break apart every enslaving yoke: Fasting will set those free who are oppressed, bruised, broken, and discouraged in their spirits. The spirit of oppression is like that of A broken vessel; it weighs you down in your body and mind. If you’re feeling: sad, anxiety, moodiness, hopelessness, or any suicidal tendencies, you’re dealing with A spirit of oppression (depression). Scripture tells us to put on the garment of praise in exchange for this spirit. As you begin to praise the Lord, oppression will begin to lift. When you add fasting and prayer, you will have the anointing to destroy every yoke of oppression.
Results of A Godly fast: Isaiah 58:8-12
- Fasting can cause your light to spring forth. The Holy Spirit provides illumination; we need this illumination to make all things clear. When the light of Christ comes forth, darkness must flee.
- Fasting brings good health and wholeness quickly; it can break the power of sickness and infirmity.
- Our righteousness will go before us, leading us to peace and prosperity.
- Fasting releases God’s Glory and protection; the Glory of the Lord will be our rereward. God’s Glory will cover us as A defense.
- Fasting can result in answered prayer when we call; the Lord will answer, if we cry, he will say, “hear I am.” Once we take away from our midst, the yoke of oppression we place on others, the finger (accusing others), and the tongue that speaks evil. Examine your heart!
- When we offer ourselves to assist the hungry (spiritually and physically) and satisfy the afflicted (distressed, tormented), our light will rise in the darkness. Our gloom will become like the noonday. When we become selfless servants in God’s kingdom, all of these things will be added unto us because we are seeking his kingdom first.
‘Isaiah 58:11-12 And the Lord will continually guide you, And satisfy your soul in scorched and dry places, And give strength to your bones; And you will be like a watered garden, And like a spring of water whose waters do not fail. And your people will rebuild the ancient ruins; You will raise up and restore the age-old foundations [of buildings that have been laid waste]; You will be called Repairer of the Breach, Restorer of Streets with Dwellings. ‘
There are many benefits and breakthroughs when we incorporate fasting with our prayers. Prayer and fasting help us to clear the obstacles to our faith and faith-filled actions. It has been said that fasting is “super-charged prayer.” The flesh has primary needs or desires for food. Our need for food is dominant. Quoted from book
These natural desires are valid but can quickly become too intense (A snare, lust, inordinate, or gluttony), dominating us. Fasting is A way to assert control over the flesh where it counts. Fasting, coupled with prayer, is one of the most powerful weapons to your breakthrough. To overcome those besetting sins or draw near God, I encourage you to fast and pray for breakthrough.
I’ve written A sample prayer for when you begin your fast. God is waiting to hear from us. Seek God while there is still time and allow the Holy Spirit to lead you into the fast that pleases GOD.
Prayer: Heavenly Father, I thank you for your chosen fast according to your word in ISA 58. Father, I enter into this fast seeking your Divine intervention seeking you wholeheartedly to know your will for my life. I am praying and fasting this day for (whatever you’re fasting for) Father; I pray that you will give me A broken heart over my sins. Remove every desire to do my own will or my pleasures during this time of fasting. I ask that you give me A heart of fasting, not one that is fasting to be seen of men but YOU.
I come before you to humble myself with sorrow in my soul. Father, I pray that every band of wickedness will be loosed, all heavy burdens will be undone, and that you break every yoke in my life in Jesus’s name. Father set people Free who are oppressed by heavy burdens and those who are troubled mentally or physically (anxiety).
Lord, fill me with your unselfish love, teach me how to love you with my whole heart, and love others unselfishly. Help me seek the best for others during this time of fasting lead me to those who cannot help themselves both physically and spiritually. Lord, help me be available to my own family’s needs and help the poor and needy as led by your Spirit. Father, I seal these prayers in the blood of Jesus, believing that these words will not return void according to your word. Thank you, father, in advance for your answered prayers, and I believe it is done in Jesus’s name AMEN!
Make your petition and request known to God. What are you seeking and believing God for according to his word/will? 2nd Chronicles 7:14
Please visit our online bible-studies at http://omegaministries.org/
Bible Study: “How To Fast Successfully” Derek Prince https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqzZlpL5-YI
Hebrews 12:15 looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of Bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled;’
Ephesians 4:31 Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor [perpetual animosity, resentment, strife, fault-finding] and slander be put away from you, along with every kind of malice [all spitefulness, verbal abuse, malevolence]. ‘
Bitterness is A root of poisonous (toxic, venomous, evil) fruit that defiles many. Since it is A root spirit, it is hard to recognize this on the surface. A person with Bitterness in their heart can defile many unknowingly. Bitterness is a typical door the enemy uses, unknowingly to most Bitterness is being cultivated in the hearts of many.
Cultivate Defined: To prepare or prepare and use for the raising of crops., To foster the growth of something.
Bitterness Defined: A deep-seated ill will (spite, grudge, the desire to see another experience pain, injury, or distress)
Cultivating Bitterness means to foster the growth of the poisonous fruit of Bitterness in the heart; this is evil fruit, and it is designed to corrupt many. Jesus warned us it’s not what goes in that defiles us, but what comes from the heart.
- Matthew 15:11,18-19 It is not what goes into the mouth of a man that defiles and dishonors him, but what comes out of the mouth, this defiles and dishonors him.” But whatever [word] comes out of the mouth comes from the heart, and this is what defiles and dishonors the man. For out of the heart come evil thoughts and plans, murders, adulteries, sexual immoralities, thefts, false testimonies, slanders (verbal abuse, irreverent speech, blaspheming). ‘
In the scripture above (Heb 12:15), we are warned about Bitterness springing up and causing trouble. When something springs up, it grows/appears suddenly (seemingly overnight). This shows the danger of opening the door for the spirit of Bitterness. At the most unexpected time, the spirit of Bitterness (which has been cultivating/growing) in the heart will spring up and cause trouble. Along with this spirit is Resentment lets define resentment and understand how this takes root.
Resentment Defined: a feeling of indignant displeasure or persistent ill will at something regarded as a wrong, insult, or injury.
The spirit of offense and resentment – Proverbs 18:19 A brother offended is harder to win over than a fortified city, And contentions [separating families] are like the bars of a castle. ‘
There are (especially in these last days), several instances where individuals are hurt by A fellow brother or sister in Christ. Any hurt, presumption, wound, or distrust can open the door for the spirit of offense. The goal of the spirit of offense is to cause disunity. (Disharmony in the body of Christ is the plan of the enemy) remember he comes to steal kill and destroy.
Jesus warned us in the last days (due to persecution) many will be offended by their association with him. Because of this, many will fall away from their faith in Jesus. As A Result, this will open the door for betrayal, persecution, and hatred against the saints. Matthew 24:10-14
If you know someone who is offended, advise them to pray, forgive, and reconcile. It is A dangerous thing to harbor an offense as it leads to Bitterness and resentment. Ultimately, the person who continues to walk in A spirit of offense will begin to operate in criticisms, scornfulness, and resentment. Be careful; you do not want to walk, stand, or sit in the scornful seat. Guard your heart against everyone operating in A spirit of offense.
- Psalms 1:1 Blessed is the man Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, Nor stands in the path of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;’
Bitterness is progressive; it starts with un-forgiveness; the spirit of un-forgiveness keeps every detail and hurt in our lives by using memory recall. When we replay past hurts or incidents in our minds, the most trivial events are neither forgiven nor forgotten. Since these incidents are continually replaying in the individual’s mind, it brings forth spirits of resentment, anger, and hatred. Bitterness is also the result of rejection, which is connected to stubbornness; most people who are bitter refuse to forgive. They feel justified to harbor resentment.
The goal of the enemy is to get us to operate in Bitterness, when we are bitter, we automatically lose the spiritual battle against the kingdom of darkness. When we operate in Bitterness, we have given place to the devil; from this one doorway, we can be led into sin.
- Ephesians 4:27 AMP And do not give the devil an opportunity [to lead you into sin by holding a grudge, or nurturing anger, or harboring resentment, or cultivating Bitterness].
The flow of love: The love of God is sacrificial; God loved the world that he GAVE his only begotten son. If we are operating in A spirit of Bitterness, we no longer impart life to others; instead, we impart death. 1st Corinthians 13 implies Godly love is not resentful. We cannot have a love of God flowing out of our vessel if it is defiled by Bitterness. A bitter heart makes you give to get; it only is looking out for SELF.
Since Bitterness is A root spirit, we can imply the manifestations of the spirit of Bitterness will spring up unexpectedly, let’s look at some of the signs of the spirit of Bitterness:
- Anger James 1:20 for the [resentful, deep-seated] anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God [that standard of behavior which He requires from us].
- Retaliation (These spirits advocate returning evil for evil. Retaliation is not biblical as we know vengeance belongs to the Lord)
- Infirmity (Sickness is normally tied to unforgiveness, and Bitterness) Read Forgiveness: “Letting go of grudges”.
Someone who is nurturing resentment in their heart results typically in the occult/witchcraft. Because of their offenses, hurt, wounds, etc., some people will begin to operate in the flesh (in which we understand witchcraft is A work of the flesh). Operating via A spirit of control, intimidation, or manipulation to get your will accomplished is witchcraft. Many have gone down this road because of their sin of Bitterness.
How to overcome the toxic spirit of Bitterness:
Forgiveness is the key; when we forgive, we are to let go of the wrong that was done to us and the resentment. As we want our heavenly Father to forgive us, we should forgive others.
When we forgive, this brings A release in our lives, and God wants us to release the person to go further into freedom.
- Matthew 6:12 And forgive us our debts, as we have forgiven our debtors [letting go of both the wrong and the resentment]. ‘
- Matthew 6:14 For if you forgive others their trespasses [their reckless and willful sins], your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
- Matthew 6:15 But if you do not forgive others [nurturing your hurt and anger with the result that it interferes with your relationship with God], then your Father will not forgive your trespasses.
- Mark 11:25 Whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him [drop the issue, let it go], so that your Father who is in heaven will also forgive you your transgressions and wrongdoings [against Him and others].
- Colossians 3:13 bearing graciously with one another, and willingly forgiving each other if one has a cause for complaint against another; just as the Lord has forgiven you, so should you forgive.
It is time to allow Jesus to cleanse our temple and deliver us from everything that is not like him. If there is anyone you need to forgive, release them, and let it go. Bitterness is toxic and poisonous to our health, let’s destroy this evil fruit of Bitterness and begin to plant good fruit in our lives. I pray for deliverance for those who are bound by Bitterness in Jesus’ name!
With Love, Tanicia
Please visit our site for bible-studies and teachings @ omegaministries.org
Watch: Demons of Bitterness
Books: Fasting for breakthrough and deliverance, Pigs in the Parlor
John 2:14-16 And in the temple [enclosure] He found the people who were selling oxen and sheep and doves, and the money changers sitting at their tables. He made a whip of cords, and drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and the oxen; and He scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables; then to those who sold the doves He said, “Take these things away! Stop making My Father’s house a place of commerce!” ‘
Matthew 21:12-13 And Jesus entered the temple [grounds] and drove out [with force] all who were buying and selling [birds and animals for sacrifice] in the temple area, and He turned over the tables of the moneychangers [who made a profit exchanging foreign money for temple coinage] and the chairs of those who were selling doves [for sacrifice]. Jesus said to them, “It is written [in Scripture], ‘My house shall be called a house of prayer’; but you are making it a robbers’ den.” ‘
After reading the above incidents where Jesus cleansed the temple, we can infer that Jesus had A righteous indignation. The temple was defiled and had become A den of thieves and robbers. Imagine the look on the people’s face when he rose with the whip and drove them out WITH FORCE! Jesus made it clear the temple was to be a house of prayer.
Authority: The Jews retorted and began to question what sign (miracle) can he show as proof for the authority by which he does these things”? Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple (the physical temple) and in three days I will raise it up (He was speaking of the temple which was his body). Jesus’ resurrection from the dead was proof that He had the authority to cleanse the temple.
The cleansing of the temple
There were two occasions where Jesus cleansed the temple during his earthly ministry. The first cleansing took place during the spring of A.D. 28. At the beginning of his earthly ministry. By this, his authority was declared, this also announced his mission as the Messiah at Passover.
The second cleansing occurred three years later at the end of His public ministry, at the fourth Passover just after His triumphal entry into Jerusalem the last week of His life (Matt. 21:12–17; Mark 11:15–19: Luke 19:45–48.)
There were times where the temple in ancient Israel had become defiled as well. When Hezekiah succeeded Ahaz in Judah, he began to consecrate the house of the Lord, where he began to cleanse and repair the temple every unclean thing was removed from the house of the Lord and put out for disposal.
- 2 Chronicles 29:16 ‘The priests went into the inner part of the house of the Lord to cleanse it, and every unclean thing they found in the temple of the Lord they brought out to the courtyard of the Lord’ s house. Then the Levites received it to take out to the Kidron Valley [for disposal]. ‘
We are the temple of the living God; Jesus is cleansing our temple just as he did during his earthly ministry. Our temples are defiled as well by sin and uncleanliness. Jesus wants to clean the spiritual thieves out of our temple with force. Will you allow Jesus to make you whole?
- 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 ‘Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is within you, whom you have [received as a gift] from God, and that you are not your own [property]? You were bought with a price [you were actually purchased with the precious blood of Jesus and made His own]. So then, honor and glorify God with your body.’
- 1 Corinthians 3:16 Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?
If Jesus was upset about the pollution of the temple during his earthly ministry, we could only think about how he feels about our temples. When we turn from the living GOD to idols (sports, pornography, money, fame, success, etc.), this defiles our temple. Our temple should have no agreement with Idols, God wants to dwell in us and walk among us he wants to be our God, and we are called to be His people (2ndCorinthians 6:16)
It is easy to be led by our pleasure and carnal desires instead of the Spirit of the Living GOD. The blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin and uncleanliness, yet many have not received the free offer of salvation. We have to yield to the Spirit of God and allow him to shine his light on the dark areas in our lives. Sanctification is necessary as we continue in our daily lives as Born-again believers. If we walk in the light (in obedience to God’s word), the blood of Jesus will keep us cleansed from all manifestations of sin.
A House of Prayer:
Our temples should also be A house of prayer, and prayer builds our communication with God. We are to devote ourselves in prayer while being watchful and thankful (Col 4:2). We are called to present our requests to God by prayer and petition with thanksgiving (Phil 4:6). Our temples should also offer prayers of intercession, forgiveness, salvation and praise, and adoration. We should offer prayers continually to our heavenly father; our prayers are like A sweet-smelling aroma (Rev 8:3-4)
The blood of Jesus cleanses us:
As I shared earlier, Jesus bought the church with his blood, he sacrificed himself once and for all and entered into the Holy of Holies (Heavenly places) he presented himself to God our father as an eternal sacrifice for our sins. Jesus has now reconciled all things to himself by making peace through his blood that he shed on the cross. In Jesus, we now have redemption through his blood and the forgiveness of sins. The blood of Jesus cleanses our consciences from dead works so that we may serve the living God; this is good news. Since we are to be vessels of prayer, we can now enter the Most Holy Place via prayer by the blood of Jesus.
Thank God for the gift of salvation and the gift of his precious Holy Spirit! I pray that you will abstain from every form of evil withdraw and keep away from it, I pray that the God of peace will sanctify you through and through and separate you from profane, vulgar and unclean things that defile your temple. Allow God to make you pure and whole, undamaged, and consecrated to him allow God to set you apart for his purpose lets all be found blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. (1st Thess 5:22-23)
Additional Scriptures to Meditate on:
- Psalm 51:2 Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.
- 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
- Psalm 51:7 Purify me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
- Psalm 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
- Ezekiel 36:25 Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols.
If you have not accepted Jesus as Lord, begin to pray and invite him into your life. He is waiting to hear from you; he has already sacrificed himself for you, he bought you with A precious price. Jesus is knocking now is the time to answer. Will you allow Jesus to cleanse you and make you whole? If you have just received Jesus into your life, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer free bible studies via our online ministry website http://omegaministries.org/ We look forward to hearing from you and to disciple you further in the ways of the Lord!
God Bless You All,
“My people ask counsel at their stocks, and their staff declareth unto them: for the spirit of whoredoms hath caused them to err, and they have gone a whoring from under their God.” – Hosea 4:12 We all know what whoredom is in the physical since, but what exactly is “the spirit of whoredom“? […]The Spirit Of Whoredom
- John 8:12 Once more Jesus addressed the crowd. He said, “I am the Light of the world. He who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life.”
- Luke 2:32 A Light for revelation to the Gentiles [to disclose what was previously unknown], And [to bring] the praise and honor and glory of Your people Israel.”
These scriptures are very timely for the time and season we are currently in, we understand that Jesus is The Light. He shines amid great darkness. “The Light” means to shine or make manifest G5457. “The Darkness” G4653 means something dim (shadowy, faint) or obscure (dark, hidden, hazy). Darkness is also the current world in which we live, and this world is immersed in sin and everything that is opposed to biblical truth. Here’s A few facts about “The Darkness”:
- Darkness cannot appropriate (overtake, usurp) the Light
- Darkness cannot absorb (occupy, understand) the Light
- Darkness is UN-receptive (not responsive & UN-receivable) to the Light.
We (Born Again Christians) are to be A light during great darkness. In these end-times, darkness (misery, destruction, ignorance, wickedness) shall cover the earth and gross darkness the people. The Lord (Jehovah) will arise upon his saints, and his glory shall be seen (manifest) upon us ISA 60:2. GOD is calling us to Turn Up The Light! Light will always expose darkness; we should not agree with the unfruitful works of darkness but rather reprove (rebuke, expose) darkness.
Now is the time to turn from the kingdom of darkness to the marvelous and true Light of Christ.Turn up the Light of Christ in your life via fasting, prayer, reading the bible daily, and cultivating A relationship with our heavenly father. He is waiting to hear from you (and I). As we see the gross darkness covering the people, we should run to the only one who can save us from destruction, JESUS Christ!
ISA 42:6 “I am the Lord, I have called You in righteousness,I will also hold You by the hand and watch over You,And I will appoint You as a covenant to the people,As a light to the nations,
John 12:46 I have come as Light into the world, so that everyone who believes in Me will not remain in darkness.
John 3:19-21 AMP ‘This is the judgment [that is, the cause for indictment, the test by which people are judged, the basis for the sentence]: the Light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil.
For every wrongdoer hates the Light, and does not come to the Light [but shrinks from it] for fear that his [sinful, worthless] activities will be exposed and condemned. But whoever practices truth [and does what is right—morally, ethically, spiritually] comes to the Light, so that his works may be plainly shown to be what they are—accomplished in God [divinely prompted, done with God’s help, in dependence on Him].
“Stay Tuned As we study further on this topic! In the meantime, saints and non-saints alike, it’s time to turn up the Light!
Tune in to the Study: Turn Up The Light
2nd Thessalonians 2:3 Let no one in any way deceive or entrap you, for that day will not come unless the apostasy comes first [that is, the great rebellion, the abandonment of the faith by professed Christians], and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction [the Antichrist, the one who is destined to be destroyed],
2nd Thessalonians 2:7-8 For the mystery of lawlessness [rebellion against divine authority and the coming reign of lawlessness] is already at work; [but it is restrained] only until he who now restrains it is taken out of the way. Then the lawless one [the Antichrist] will be revealed, and the Lord Jesus will slay him with the breath of His mouth and bring him to an end by the appearance of His coming.
In the scripture above, the Apostle Paul provides A few proceedings that are prophesied to happen before Jesus Second Coming:
- There will be A falling away = A great Rebellion against the Christian faith by professed Christians.
- The Anti-Christ (the man of lawlessness) will be revealed, and he will demand worship
- A mystery of Iniquity (lawlessness) (Rebellion against divine authority and the coming reign of lawlessness)
Continually listed in these scriptures are the words: Rebellion, and lawlessness. An Apostasy is a rebellion against God Almighty and His Son, Jesus Christ. This reveals there will be (in these end times) professing Christians with A spirit of rebellion. There will also be A rebellious uprising against God, our Father.
Rebellion defined: Rebellion is Opposition to one in authority or dominance. A refusal of obedience of order, an open resistance against established authority.
- Romans 13:1 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God [granted by His permission and sanction], and those which exist have been put in place by God.
Divine Authority: God has an established order, In the Bible, God outlines authority structures which provide direction for the family, church, workplace, and government. Let us focus on two authority structures the family and the church.
In recent “worldly” events, we’ve noticed an uprising/revolt of rebellion against police(requesting to defund the police), local governors and etc. While the protestors in the street scream against social injustice, God has shown me A different view regarding these riots. These individuals aren’t upset with the President, or police brutality; instead, they are rebelling against GOD the Father. These are fatherless children who have past hurts, offenses, and disappointments from their earthly Father. Since these offenses have not been adequately resolved, it causes lawlessness and rebellion against ALL authority.
In the family, the correct structure is God>Jesus>Husband>Wife>Children. God entrusts husbands with the leadership of the family unit. A husband is to love his wife as he loves himself. A wife is to submit to the leadership of her husband, coming alongside him as a helpmate. Parents are responsible for training their children, and children are to honor and obey their parents. (See Ephesians 5:21–6:4 and Proverbs 6:20–21.) When this order is correct, it usually flows from the home to the local church. (This is God’s design)
- 1 Timothy 3:1-2,4-5 Now an overseer must be blameless and beyond reproach, the husband of one wife, self-controlled, sensible, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, This is a faithful and trustworthy saying: if any man [eagerly] seeks the office of overseer (bishop, superintendent), he desires an excellent task. 4-5 He must manage his own household well, keeping his children under control with all dignity [keeping them respectful and well-behaved] (for if a man does not know how to manage his own household, how will he take care of the church of God?). ‘
Although this is God’s design, it has been turned upside down. It happened in the garden with Adam and Eve and is prevalent in the home today. Not following God’s will has led to fatherless, broken homes, and broken children. This is expressed in rebellion and lawlessness against all authority, even in the church. When we think of the great falling away, we picture someone leaving the church or faith for atheism or A false belief (which is true), but the root cause seems to come from A spirit of rebellion. We must remember rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, if we are led by A rebellious spirit, we’ve now opened the door to witchcraft.
The rebellious home & The rebellious church: The incorrect Order in the (disobedient) household is: Jezebel>Wife>Husband> Children this is A perverted order, and it always leads to A Matriarchal Society this society will always rebel against Gods true prophets. Which is why we will see A End-time rebellion even in the church. The issue starts in the home, but if it isn’t set in God’s correct order, it will flow into the local church. As we look at the “Professing “Christian” church, we can clearly see this perverted order in Operation.
Mostly all sin and corruption in our society roots from the loss of Godly love from our earthly fathers. As a result, we see an uprising against all authority, including God.
Read the following Article: The Spirit of Jezebel Fatherless
The Spirit of Rebellion and The Jezebel spirit: Our battle is never against flesh & blood (EPH 6), so although we experience our hurt from humans, we must understand these vessels are/were under the influence of an evil spirit. Some spirits that are associated with the Spirit of Rebellion are:
- Anti-submissiveness: “Not willing to submit or yield to the authority of another”
- Selfishness: “concerned excessively or exclusively with oneself: seeking or concentrating on one’s own advantage, pleasure, or well-being without regard for others.”
- Unteachable: “Unable to be taught.”
- Hatred of Authority: “Extreme dislike or disgust for authority.”
The spirit of rebellion is also associated with the Jezebel spirit along with female dominance, witchcraft, control, this Jezebel spirit Operates through A curse destroying God’s order and the family priesthood. This is the primary goal. As A Result, We currently have A society that has been rooted in rebellion and in defiance against authority.
Our rightful place as Christian believers is to seek God and have him restore our souls. It doesn’t matter what hurt, pain, offense, or broken hearts we’ve experienced. Our role is to forgive. We must forgive to heal.
- Ezekiel 18:1-4 The word of the Lord came to me again, saying, “What do you mean by using this proverb concerning the land of Israel, ‘The fathers eat sour grapes [they sin], But the children’s teeth are set on edge’? As I live,” says the Lord God, “you are certainly not going to use this proverb [as an excuse] in Israel anymore. Behold (pay close attention), all souls are Mine; the soul of the Father as well as the soul of the son is Mine. The soul who sins will die.
We are (I believe) in A season of restoration, God is restoring the hearts of the Fathers and children. He is turning the hearts of the children back to the fathers, he is doing A quick and mighty work in these end-times. God is calling his children to A deeper, more intimate relationship with him, but we must deal with these root issues. Dealing with these issues will remove all barriers that hinder us from growing closer to our heavenly Father.
- James 4:8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.
- Hebrews 12:9 Furthermore, we have all had earthly fathers who disciplined us, and we respected them. Should we not much more submit to the Father of our spirits and live?
- Psalm 68:5-6 A father of the fatherless and a judge and protector of the widows, Is God in His holy habitation. God makes a home for the lonely; He leads the prisoners into prosperity, Only the stubborn and rebellious dwell in a parched land. ‘
In conclusion, If A root of rebellion is identified, the first step is to repent and be reconciled back to the Father. We will continue this study; further, I pray this has been A blessing feel free to comment below. God Bless!
Please view our bible-studies online: Omegaministries.org feel free to support this end-time mission.
The following are notes from 1st John Chapter 1:
Vital Statistics (Life Application Study)
Purpose: To reassure Christians in their Faith and to counter false teachings.
Author: The Apostle John
Original Audience: The letter is untitled and was written to no particular church. It was sent as A pastoral letter to several Gentile congregations.
Setting: John was an older man and perhaps the only surviving apostle at this time. He has not yet been banished to the island of Patmos. Where he would live in exile. As an eyewitness of Christ, he wrote authoritatively to give this new generation of believers assurance and confidence in God and in their faith.
I. Personal eyewitness of the incarnation and providing reasoning for his writing (1:1-4)
II.God is light (Absolute Purity & Holiness) (1:5-7)
III. How to walk in the light and have continual fellowship with God (1:8-10)
The personal eyewitness of the incarnation and providing reasoning for his writing (1:1-4)
Teaching Points (Notes):
- “That which was from the beginning” is Jesus Christ, he was not just A man, nor just A prophet; he is the Son of God who existed before the beginning of time (world), which means he is GOD the Son. John 1:1
- As an eyewitness to Jesus’s ministry, John was qualified to teach the truth about Jesus. John had the privilege to see Jesus with his eyes and touch him with his hands. He had A real relationship with Jesus (He was one of the original disciples).
- The life of Jesus was manifested (clearly apparent, revealed). Several witnesses had seen Jesus and can bear witness to this fact. 1 Corinthians 15
- John is declaring to us the life of Jesus. That we may also have Fellowship (association, partnership) with God, the father, and his son Jesus Christ. (This is A distinguishing mark of A Born-Again Believer)
Note: John makes A clear distinction between the father and son, which shows us they are one in unity, but not the same person.
God is light (Absolute Purity & Holiness) (1:5-7) Teaching Points (Notes): Contrast Light and Darkness
- God is light, which means he is Holy, his message is real, and he is perfect in righteousness. In God, there is no darkness (no sin, no wickedness, no imperfection) at all. (John contrasts light against darkness those who walk in darkness are NOT born Again in fellowship with God).
|Light||Darkness (The Absence of Light)|
|Morally Good||Morally bad|
|Led by the Spirit||Under the influence of Satan|
|Flee (Depart), Free from Sin||Walks in Sin|
- If we say, we are in fellowship (association, partnership) with GOD. Still, we walk in darkness (of sin, under the influence of Satan); we are liars. Which means we are not practicing the truth of God’s word. To “walk” in darkness is A continual thing, a habitual sin. In which we cannot have fellowship with God. Example: (Someone, who goes to church, says they are A Christian, but continues in sin) this makes this person A hypocrite. Which means, we are deceiving ourselves.
If we walk in the light, which means (live each day in obedience to the word of God), as God is in the light, we will have A true unbroken (fellowship, association or partnership) with other believers. EPH 2:14 Most importantly, we will have fellowship with God. God will be with us in fellowship, and we will be with him, if we continue to walk in the light, the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin.
How to walk in the light and have continual fellowship with God (1:8-10)
- Some people may believe they are “good” and have no need for A savior. These individuals are deceiving themselves; Jesus came into the world to save sinners and deliver us from our sin. Luke 5:32. We’ve all sinned, which is why we MUST BE BORN AGAIN! If we say we have no sin (refusing to admit we are sinners), we deceive ourselves & God’s truth (his word) does not live in our hearts.
- If we (willingly) admit that we have sinned and confess our sins (to God), he is faithful (true to his nature) and will forgive our sins and cleanse us continually (without stopping or interruption) from all unrighteousness (sin). God will cleanse us of everything that is not in agreement with God’s will and purpose for our lives.
- We are called to confess our sins to God, (agree with God about our sinful nature)
- Repent of our sin, which means to turn from our sin/wicked ways turn towards God (and walk in the light).
- God will then forgive us of our sin, and cleanse us continually (without stopping or interruption). 2 Chr 7:14
- But, if we say we have not sinned (refusing to admit or confess our acts of sin), we make God A liar. We are now contradicting God and his truth, which means we are liars. When we refuse to acknowledge our sinful nature, we disagree with God. How can two walk together unless they agree? Agree with God quickly to receive salvation and eternal life.
Practical Application: Examine yourself in regards to God’s word, ask yourself, have you truly repented? Are you walking in light or darkness? Confess to God, and ask him to cleanse you of your sins.
Here is A good bible study which speaks about being “Blinded By The Light”
In Jesus Name,
- John 14:6 AMP Jesus said to him, “I am the [only] Way [to God] and the [real] Truth and the [real] Life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.
- John 17:17 KJV Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
- John 16:13 KJV Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
In today’s society, while having A discussion, it is common to hear someone refer to “Their/My Truth.” How can everyone have their perception of the truth when the truth isn’t relative? Jesus, The Holy Spirit, and His word is the truth. When we walk in the truth, we will not associate with any error or falsehood. We must have A love for the truth to be saved, and if not, we will be deceived and believe A lie. Those who create “their own truth” are walking in A lie.
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12 KJV And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
Jesus warned us in his word that satan is the Father of lies. All falsehood comes from his kingdom. Those who believe and live A Lie are of their Father, the devil.
- John 8:44 AMP You are of your Father the devil, and it is your will to practice the desires [which are characteristic] of your Father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks what is natural to him, for he is a liar and the Father of lies and half-truths.
God’s word is the anchor against any lies, false teachings, or error. We have to be careful not to agree with, accept, or walk-in A lie. If so, we become a partaker (In Agreement, or covenant) with it. God commands us to walk in truth, love in truth, know the truth, allow the truth to dwell in us, and the truth shall be with us forever. Most importantly, the truth (Which is Jesus) will make you free! John 8:32
Allow the Spirit of Truth to dwell richly in you to be made free from all error and falsehood.
Here is A Good Bible Study Concerning this topic:http://omegaministries.org/audio/message?id=945
Proverbs 2:16 To deliver thee from the strange woman, even from the stranger which flattereth with her words;
There are several warnings in the Bible, but one warning which is repetitive in the book of Proverbs is to “beware of the strange” woman. In this context, the word Strange (H2114) means: (to turn aside, to be a foreigner, profane, to commit adultery, prostitute, harlot.)
This spirit is very dangerous, and it is ultimately assigned to take believers off the righteous path. It can cause poverty, fruitless labor, entanglement with cords of sin, which brings about death and eventually leads to hell!
Flattery: The strange woman is A seductress who uses flattering and smooth words to gain entrance. Flattery (H2513) also means smoothness, A smooth thing. The dictionary meaning for flattery is Excessive and insincere praise, given primarily to further one’s interests. Those who flatter with their lips always offer false praise; they are used by A spirit of seduction and deception. If the motive is not pure, it can release witchcraft upon the victim and draw them unto themselves. We always notice this in church settings or via social media (“You are such A good man of GOD”) (“The leadership doesn’t give you the recognition you need”) etc. If the victim isn’t careful, this false praise/ flattery could lead to self-pride. I’ve been on both sides of this spirit of flattery and understand very well how this works.
I’ve witnessed this false flattery in the office place as well. I worked with A coworker that praised you while you were in their face. It was excessive praise, but once you walked out, the coworker always had something wrong to say. Compliments are good, and when they are out of the right spirit, we must be able to discern between A compliment or flattery.
Seduction: As mentioned above, through seducing flattery, the strange woman can gain entrance to your soul. A seductress is A woman who seduces someone, especially one who entices a man into sexual activity. Another name for A seductress is A siren, temptress, Femme fatale, sorceress(witch). The word seduction means literally to lead astray. It is a deliberate “step-by-step” process of temptation and enticement, causing someone to do something they wouldn’t normally do.
In Proverbs 7, the wiles of the Strange woman through her much fair speech and enticement caused A young man to yield to her. She prompted him to yield using the seduction of her flattering words; she used the “step-by-step” process of temptation and enticement to cause this young man to do something he wouldn’t normally do.
- Proverbs 7:21 With her much fair speech, she caused him to yield, with the flattering of her lips she forced him.
This strange woman cannot deceive you unless she seduces you first, once you are seduced and yielded to this strong spirit of seduction a soul tie is formed this makes it easier to cause(force) her victims to succumb to her flattering smooth words. Beware of the Seductress!
Whoredoms: The spirit of whoredoms includes lewdness, fornication, adultery, prostitution, Idolatry, and all sexually illicit sin. The strange woman operates as A whore; she has the attire of A Harlot to show the world she is “available” always looking for the next victim. Like the daughters of Zion, they had Wanton eyes and stretched forth necks; this is how the strange woman works. Her eyes are always wondering, looking, or wondering who is paying attention to her.
Included in her whoredoms is the fact that she is unfaithful, she is A covenant breaker, she forgets the guide of her youth and forgets the covenant of her God. If A young man gets in entangled with this spirit, she is guaranteed to be unfaithful to him, especially if she is unfaithful to God. Beware of the whoredoms in the strange woman, through A whorish woman; you will be brought to A piece of bread (poverty).
Along with this whoredom spirit is A spirit of adultery, remember the strange woman is unfaithful and A covenant breaker, there is no surprise the Bible calls her an adulteress. Her job is to hunt for the precious life (she hunts with A hook the precious life of a man). Those who commit adultery lack common sense and sound judgment; only those who are wanting to destroy their soul will fall into this trap.
- Proverbs 23:27-28 “For a whore is a deep ditch, and a strange woman is a narrow pit. She also lieth in wait for prey and increaseth the transgressors among men”.
- Proverbs 6:26 “For by means of a whorish woman a man is brought to a piece of bread: and the adulteress will hunt for the precious life”.
- Proverbs 6:32 But whoso committeth adultery with a woman lacketh understanding: he that doeth it destroyeth his own soul.
There are other ways this spirit operates to name A few:
- She doesn’t think about life; there is no thought about life, especially eternal life; she only lives for the moment.
- She is unstable, and you will never know where her path leads. Blindly following this spirit will lead to death, which leads to hell. Her feet go down to death, and her steps lead to hell. (Prov 5)
- She operates at night, hanging at night clubs, bars, hunting for the next victim.
Ladies, the strange woman spirit uses what is in us, Jesus warned us the prince of this world comes and has nothing in him. Jesus wants us to be the same way as well. It will search for any hurt, rejection, insecurity, abandonment, etc. it will use any door or soul wound to operate. It happens little by little until you are operating as A Jezebel unknowingly. Jezebel is the strange woman, and we are warned to beware of this spirit and not to tolerate it (Rev 2).
- Take heed to wise counsel
- Listen & obey the word of GOD
- Seek deliverance from all forms of lust (James 1: 14 & 15 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.)
- Let your way be far from this strange woman (Remember Joseph, flee temptation)
- You must love instruction and discipline
- Make your heart attentive to instruction, understanding, and correction.
- Always incline your ear to the truth of God’s word.
- If you are married, drink from your own pure marriage relationship.
- Most importantly, guard your eyes, heart, and mind.
In conclusion, the Bible shows us this is A destructive spirit; its ultimate goal is to take its captives to hell, stopping its victim from pursuing God’s will & purpose for their life. Please don’t fall prey to this spirit nor allow it to use you with its flattery and seduction. BEWARE OF THE STRANGE WOMAN!
Please tune in to the bible study “To Hell with Jezebel” I pray deliverance for the captives in Jesus Name! http://omegaministries.org/audio/message?id=830