There are 3 particular areas that are very popular in public schools right now that Christian parents need to be aware of: Mindfulness – Many mystic practices are being introduced to students through mindfulness. Mindfulness activities are influenced heavily by New Age teachings and eastern mysticism. This is a practice that is happening in schools […]3 Areas Christian Parents Need to Know About
Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hears my voice, and open the door, I will come into him and will sup with him, and he with me.
What is A Gate?
A gate is A place of authority, A place of security, gates control exit, and entry into An area. The door in your home is A gateway; the fence in your backyard is A gate. You have the authority to open or close the doors and gates in your home. Other words for gates: (borders, boundaries, portal, and door).
In ancient times, gates were significant because the strength of the gate determined the safety of a city. If the enemy stormed the gate and succeeded, the horses and chariots of war would enter into it. So, when the gate came down, the city was conquered.
Although the gates mentioned above are concerning physical gates, we must know there are spiritual gates as well. Our enemies stand at the gates awaiting entry. There are several demonic gateways the devil use to enter in and defile our soul. In ancient times, whoever controlled the gates had dominion and power in their grasp.
1st Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because of your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
Essential Facts About spiritual gates:
- Our enemies will plot and wait at our gates: Judges 16:2 And it was told the Gazites, saying, Samson has come hither. And they compassed him in, and laid wait for him all night in the gate of the city, and were quiet all the night, saying, In the morning, when it is day, we shall kill him
- Sin crouches at our door/ gates it desires to overpower us: Genesis 4:7 If you do well [believing Me and doing what is acceptable and pleasing to Me], will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well [but ignore My instruction], sin crouches at your door; its desire is for you [to overpower you], but you must master it.”
- There are gatekeepers at gates: Joshua 20:4 And when he that doth flee unto one of those cities shall stand at the entering of the gate of the city, and shall declare his cause in the ears of the elders of that city, they shall take him into the city unto them, and give him a place, that he may dwell among them.
- There can be A breach in our gates: Ezekiel 26:10
- Our gates/walls can be broken down: Proverbs 25:28 Like a city that is broken down and without walls [leaving it unprotected] Is a man who has no self-control over his spirit [and sets himself up for trouble].
Before I list the major gateways, we must know our battle is internal. Anytime we’ve opened the door to sin we’ve given our enemies A legal right into our lives (Just A Jesus stands at the door and knock in Rev 3:20) our enemy knocks at the door, and many of us have answered. When you are born again, you must patiently possess your soul.
Major gates the enemy uses to access our lives (among many):
- Eye Gate: This is important as your eye (if healthy) gives light to your entire body. Your eyes are the lamp of your body. Through this gateway, once it is defiled, a strong spirit of lust, pornography, etc. can enter in. Jesus also warned us if our eyes cause us to sin, it is better to gouge the eye out rather than enter into Hell with two eyes. Job also made A covenant with his eyes to not lust after women. Our eyes are like the lens of A camera; it takes A picture and transfers it to our spirit. In Psalm 101, David states, “I will set no wicked thing before my eyes.” In Jesus warning to the Laodicean church, he advised them to anoint their eyes with salve so they can see. We must be careful what we watch on TV, Phone, etc. all of these are devices the enemy can use to defile our eye gate. Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single; thy whole body shall be full of light.
- Ear Gate: The Bible says, “Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” The opposite is additionally true if we listen to the lies of satan, i.e. (worldly music, his false ministers, his accusations, etc.) Listening to the wrong thing will affect our hearing gateway. When our hearing gateway is defiled, it will make it hard for us to hear the truth of God’s word. Verbal Abuse and any negative speaking can cause A blockage to this gate and cause spirits or rejection and death to enter.
- Mouth Gate: Our words hold power; we are instructed to bridle our tongue. Though it is A little member, it can cause significant damage. Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. Proverbs 18:21 Beware of the idle words you speak over yourself and others, we will be judged for every idle word we speak. We must also remember not to use our tongues to speak curses one minute and blessings the next Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring?
- Sex Gate: The sex gate is the most successful gate used by Satan. There is practically nothing the enemy cannot do to someone who is sexually perverse. Once you engage in sex outside marriage, or any illicit sexual sin, i.e. (oral, anal, sodomy, masturbation, etc.) you’ve allowed an open the door to the enemy. The command in GOD’s word is to “flee fornication every other sin A person commit is outside the body but the person who commits fornication, sins against his own body.” (1st Corinthians 6:18) Fornication is not only committed by those who are unmarried, but those who are married as well, (Adultery, pornography, uncleanliness) are all considered fornication as well. We must flee sexual sin, and we are told (if married) we should not defile our marriage bed, (this means our marriage bed can be defiled. If you’re not married, you’re to flee (run from) fornication as well. We must close the door to this perverse sex gate.
How to overcome:
1. If you are not A Christian, you have to surrender your life to JESUS.
2. Repent of your sin (this is key to starting your born-again process, you must repent of your sin).
3. Conquer the giants that are within your gates (by the power of the Holy Spirit)
4. Renew your mind daily by reading God’s word, Know and meditate on God’s word (Through knowledge the righteous are delivered Prov 11:9)
5. Restore the spiritual gates in your life (Read Nehemiah)
6. Stay in prayer and couple it with fasting to pull down the strongholds in the gateways.
The gates named above are gates our enemies use through our five carnal senses (touch, taste, smell, Seeing, and Hearing). There are also gates we have access to as well:
- Jesus is the door/gate to the father: John 10:9 I am the door(gate): by me, if any man enters in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
- The Narrow and Wide Gates (Chose Wisely) Matthew 7:13-14 Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad and easy to travel is the path that leads the way to destruction and eternal loss, and there are many who enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow and difficult to travel is the path that leads the way to [everlasting] life, and there are few who find it
- We can possess the gates of our enemies: Gen 22:7
- Pray and ask GOD to guard our gates to stop anything unclean from entering in: 2Chronicles 23:19 Jehoiada stationed the gatekeepers [at the gates] of the house of the Lord, so that no one would enter who was in any way unclean (Jehoiada means “Knowledge of the Lord”).
- Gates of Thanksgiving & Praise: Psalm 100:4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
- Gates of Righteousness: Psalm 118:19 Open to me the gates of righteousness: I will go into them, and I will praise the LORD:
In closing, we must know, meditate upon, and understand Gods word. We are more than conquers in Christ Jesus. Be courageous, and destroy the strongholds in your life, through the power of the Holy Spirit, you can overcome sin.
Most importantly Guard your heart with all diligence; for out of it flows the issues of life (Prov 4:23)
The Will of GOD
According to Eph 5:17, it is unwise if we do not understand what the Lords will is for our life.
While I was in prayer recently, I asked the Lord to show me his will for my life. His response was very quick “My will is in my word”. I committed myself to study the will of God according to his word, I found out his will not only for myself but all Christians. I decided to write this post to share what I have come to understand regarding God’s will.
Doing the will of God can be summed up in one word… OBEDIENCE! When you obey God’s word, you are doing the will of GOD. Your love for Jesus will cause you to obey his word John 14:15 (If ye love me, keep my commandments.)
We are advised in James 1:22 to not only be a hearer of the word but doers. We must be a Practitioner of God’s word. If we are hearers only, we are deceiving ourselves.
- Psalm 40:8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.
Psalm 143:10 Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.
To know God’s will you must walk with him, build a relationship with GOD. This is done by reading the word daily, Prayer, Bible Study, Fasting, Worshipping. His promises, provisions and will are in his word.
Let’s look at some scriptures concerning God’s will for our lives:
Surrender: We are to present our body as a living sacrifice to God. (Surrender your all to GOD, your will, mind, emotions) You cannot be Lord over your life and expect Jesus to be Lord as well. You cannot serve two masters! You must surrender your all to the Lord. Romans 12:1
Renew Your Mind: Do not conform (fashion) to this world, but be transformed (metamorphose) by the renewing (renovation) of your mind this is the perfect will of GOD. Your mind is renewed in his word, this further shows the importance of reading Gods word. Romans 12:2
Suffering Servant: It is God’s will for us to suffer for well doing, rather than evil doing. 1st Peter 3:17
Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator. 1st Peter 4:19
For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? But if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God. 1st Peter 2:20
Pursue Holiness: We are to abstain (refrain) from fornication (porneia, harlotry, adultery, incest). Sanctification (Purity/Holiness), Know how to possess our vessel in sanctification and honour, God has not called us to unto uncleanness but unto holiness. 1st Thess 4:3-6
Joy, Praise, and Thanksgiving: Rejoice evermore, Pray without ceasing, and in everything give thanks! 1st Thess 5:16-18
Salvation: God is longsuffering toward us, it is not his will any should perish but that all should come to repentance. 2nd Peter 3:9
For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 1st Timothy 2:3-4
Live For Gods Glory: Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin; That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.1st Peter 4:12
These are only A few scripture’s concerning Gods will for our life. I encourage you to chase after the will of GOD. Make it your first priority (Matthew 6:33) But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness. Meditate on his word daily, we must meditate on his word to understand his will, promises, and provisions for our life.
I have provided some scriptural prayer points below:
Col 1:9 ~Pray to be filled with the knowledge of Gods will”
Col 4:12 “Pray to stand perfect and complete in all the will of GOD”
Heb 13:21 “Pray for the very GOD of peace, to make you perfect in every good work to do his will”
God Bless and Keep You All