The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life, and have it in abundance [to the full, till it overflows]. ‘John 10:10
Jesus warned us about our ruthless enemy who comes to kill, steal, and destroy. There are numerous ways Satan (our accuser) accomplishes his tactics. One deceptive tactic where he has been able to perform these actions successfully is via the plantation of evil seeds.
We notice in scripture there are good trees and evil trees:
- Luke 6:43-44 For there is no good tree which produces bad fruit, nor, on the other hand, a bad tree which produces good fruit. 44For each tree is known and identified by its own fruit.
How is it possible to have A tree with bad fruit instead of good fruit? Surely God isn’t planting evil seeds in our lives to allow evil fruit to manifest. We learn in Matthew Chapter 13 in the parable about the sower who is responsible for sowing the evil seeds which bring forth corrupt fruit.
- Matthew 13:24-28 Jesus gave them another parable [to consider], saying, “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. But while his men were sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds [resembling wheat] among the wheat, and went away. So when the plants sprouted and formed grain, the weeds appeared also. The servants of the owner came to him and said, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? Then how does it have weeds in it?’ He replied to them, ‘An enemy has done this. The enemy sowed evil seeds while men slept (spiritually & physically sleep)
The enemy is responsible for sowing evil seeds in our lives, and if they are not dealt with when these seeds sprout, it will cause unforeseen failure.
How are evil seeds sown into our lives?
There are several ways these seeds are sown; I will name A few below:
- Spoken words (Word Curses)
- Evil Connections (Associations) 1Corinthians 15:33
- Generational Curses (Sickness, Poverty, Habits, addictions, etc.)
- Witchcraft (Witches will sow evil seeds in the lives of individuals to hinder their progress).
Spoken words: Evil spoken words can be spoken over relationships, marriages, your health, your future, destiny, etc.
(Example) A child whose parents always told them “you will never amount to anything, you’re too stupid, or you will never be more than me” will begin to believe this, and if the words spoken aren’t dealt with, it will be sown into the mind of that child. We must remember life and death is in the power of the tongue; our words can produce either good or evil fruit.
- Proverbs 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
Another way these evil seeds are planted in our minds is the power of suggestion. In Genesis 3 when the serpent spoke to Eve, he planted evil seeds via his words or suggestions; EVE began to look at the tree and notice it was good for food and one to be desirable. She did this AFTER the serpent suggested to her (HATH GOD SAID). The evil seed had been planted, and she yielded to the temptation. The same thing is happening in our current day; the same cunning devil plants his evil seeds in our lives via spoken words or suggestions.
We are told to cast down evil imaginations from our minds, so we aren’t retaining evil seeds in our hearts.
- 2nd Corinthians 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
Evil Connections: If we are associated with the wrong people, places, or things, their evil communication will indeed corrupt our good manners. 1Cor 15:33. When we associate with the wrong people, these individuals will be destiny quenchers; everything we were supposed to do for the Kingdom of GOD can become delayed, quenched, or unfruitful because we are walking with the wrong people.
There may not be any immediate effect (physically) from these evil associations. Still, as we walk with sinners over time, their evil deeds/seeds will be planted, and if we continue in the path of the ungodly, the evil fruit will be produced in our life.
Our evil communication can also come through the media, which will also corrupt our good manners. Ungodly music, television shows, all “Media” can plant evil seeds of suggestion and ultimately corrupt our good manners. It is important to guard your eye gate and ear gate my friend keep your eye single. Matthew 6:22
- Proverbs 4:14 Do not enter the path of the wicked and do not go the way of evil men.
- Proverbs 1:10-15 My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not. If they say, Come with us, let us lay wait for blood, let us lurk privily for the innocent without cause: Let us swallow them up alive as the grave; and whole, as those that go down into the pit: We shall find all precious substance, we shall fill our houses with spoil: Cast in thy lot among us; let us all have one purse: My son, walk not thou in the way with them; refrain thy foot from their path”).
Generational Curses: Evil seeds can pass from one generation to another, usually these seeds were sown several years ago, but it will continue through the bloodline until it is destroyed. Usually, this is seen in familiar habits, poverty, sickness, etc. in the family. It is almost certain there is An evil seed that was planted, which brought forth the evil fruit.
Witchcraft: The enemy and his agents are always sowing seeds of witchcraft. Some witchcraft seeds are sown via evil dreams; it is also sown via gifts these seeds are planted so the devil can plant sickness, disease, or for others to ultimately control the person they are sowing these seeds in. His ultimate goal is to stop those in the kingdom from being fruitful.
Signs of Evil Seeds in our lives:
- Delayed / Deterred progress (unfruitful in the kingdom) God wants us to be fruitful, the enemy comes to delay and deter us and cause us to be fruitless. John 15:8
- Spiritual stagnation (Inactivity and lack of growth in our walk with God)
- Vagabond (Someone who is a wanderer from place to place, no stability & no direction)
- Continual sin patterns
- Familiar habits or sins in the family (divorce, fornication, poverty, lack, etc.)
- Spirit of Confusion & Discord
- Double mindedness
These planted seeds can grow to become evil spiritual trees in our lives. Which, if not cut down via aggressive prayer and fasting, will produce some of the evil fruits mentioned above. It is essential to destroy these seeds because if we don’t begin to uproot the evil seeds in our life, it can choke off our good seeds, thereby cutting off our good fruit.
There is good news we are not called to allow the devil and his kingdom to continue with planting these evil seeds, nor should we allow him to continue with stealing, killing, and destroying us.
There is power in the name of JESUS! There is also power in the blood of Jesus to uproot every evil seed and break every curse. God has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in heavenly places, it is up to us to take the kingdom BY FORCE!!!
Every evil tree, plant, or seed that has been sown in your life can be uprooted! Uproot means – “To Pull Up,” “Take Out,” “Tear up by the roots.”
Please remember we reap what we sow; you can sow either evil or good seeds in your life. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption, but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting GAL 6:8
You must be born again. If you are NOT born again, this is the first step before you go any further. If you’d like to give your life to Jesus, seek him in prayer and repent of your sins turn from the ways of the world, and follow Jesus. (if you’ve become newly born again, please email us, we will provide further discipleship information.)
- Do A fruit inspection over your life and the life of your family. Are you producing good fruit or evil fruit? Jesus says we will know individuals by their fruit. What type of fruit are you bearing?
- Is there anyone in your life you need to forgive? If so, remove the stony and hardness of heart through forgiveness.
- Confess, renounce, and repent of your sins (even the sins of your ancestors if necessary)
Prayer points to Uproot Evil Seeds:
- Heavenly Father gather (bundle) all evil seeds in my life and consume them with your Holy Fire Replace them with good seeds in Jesus’s Name! Matthew 13
- Heavenly Father uproot every evil seed in my life, send your angels to throw these seeds to the ground, dry up its spiritual fruit, and cause its strong branch to be broken and wither. Let your Holy all-consuming fire consume these evil seeds in Jesus’s name!
- Heavenly Father, every spiritual plant in my life that you did not plant, uproot it in Jesus’ Name!
- Heavenly father place A hedge of protection around me and my spiritual garden and cause me to become fruitful in your kingdom in Jesus’ Name!
In Conclusion, we can bring forth good fruit from A good tree, or we will produce evil fruit that comes from a corrupt tree. It is vital to guard our heart for out of it flows all the issues of life. Let’s begin to uproot these evil seeds so that we can live A life that is fruitful and abundant to our father.