Psalm 91 offers excellent assurance and comfort for the children of God. There are some promises in the bible that are conditional, and some are unconditional. In this chapter, we notice how God will provide divine protection if we abide in him.
- Psalm 91:1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High Will remain secure and rest in the Shadow of the Almighty [whose power no enemy can withstand].
What it means to abide: Abide means to bear patiently, wait for and remain stable or fixed in A state. But, most importantly, to remain in the presence of the Lord.
When we dwell in the shelter (hiding place) of God, we will remain secure and rest in the Shadow of the almighty when we are resting in his presence; no enemy can withstand his power. Therefore, God must be our refuge and fortress, whom we trust with great confidence and rely on.
God will deliver us from the snare (trap) of the fowler and the noisome pestilence as we abide in him. God will cover and completely protect us under his wings in this place; we must continue to trust in him. God’s truth shall be our shield and buckler (Eph 6); we should walk in truth at all times.
As we continue to abide in God, we will have no fear. We will have no fear of:
- The terror of the night.
- Arrows that fly by day.
- Pestilences that stalks/walks in darkness.
- Nor of destruction(sudden death) that lays waste at noonday.
Psalm 91:7-8 “The Victory in abiding“
- Thousands will fall on every side, but danger will not come near you.
- You will be safe in the shelter of the most high, spectating and witnessing the divine repayment of the wicked.
Psalm 91:9-13 “When God is your dwelling place“
- No evil will befall you.
- No plague will come near your dwelling.
- Angels of God are commanded regarding you.
- The angels of the Mosthigh will protect and guard you in all your obedient ways.
- You’ll be lifted in the hands of the angels
- You’ll tread upon the lion and serpent, the young lion and dragon you shall trample under feet.
Psalm 91:14-16 “The Promise of God”
Since you’ve set your love on God, he will save you and set you securely on high. Because you know God’s name, which means you confidently trust and rely on God, knowing he will NEVER abandon you. When you call upon God, he will answer you, be with you in trouble, rescue and honor you with long life. God will let you see his salvation.
So, what is the key to receiving the protection and promises listed in the Psalm? First, we must continually dwell in the secret place of GOD.
Heavenly Father, thank you for your word this morning; we delight to be in your presence. God, please renew our love for you that we may continually abide and remain in you. Teach us, Lord, how to trust and confidently rely on you knowing that you will never abandon us. Lord, today we give all of our hurts and mistrusts caused by others to you that we may fully trust in you. Deliver us from all fear and evil and give us great victory over our enemies as we stand firm on your truth and promises for our lives. In Jesus’ name, we pray Amen!
- John 15:4 Remain in Me, and I [will remain] in you. Just as no branch can bear fruit by itself without remaining in the vine, neither can you [bear fruit, producing evidence of your faith] unless you remain in Me. ‘
God Bless You All!!
Please visit our site for bible studies and teachings at omegaministries.org.
Consider supporting our end-time work. View the video presentations for Dunamis Tabernacle below. If you’d like to support the ministry, click on support, and donate on the omega ministries website. We appreciate your time.
Dunamis Tabernacle Presentation: https://www.youtube.com/watch v=e3eAnPjAkTI
Send all questions & prayer requests to email@example.com.