Luke 10:19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
As Christians, we have authority through Jesus, and he has given us dominion over the devil. The gospel is a good treasure. Therefore, we are to go forth and share the good news of Jesus Christ to all nations.
When we share the gospel’s good news, we will discover that salvation is not anything to take lightly. It takes a supernatural encounter with God for someone to turn from the kingdom of darkness to the kingdom of God.
- Acts 26:18 To open their [spiritual] eyes so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness and release from their sins and an inheritance among those who have been sanctified (set apart, made holy) by faith in Me.”
Salvation Defined: Deliverance, Preservation, Safety, (to save, help in distress, rescue, deliver, set free) When we receive salvation, we turn from the kingdom of darkness to the kingdom of light, causing us to repent and walk away from the power and control of Satan to the power of God. When we receive salvation, we repent and receive forgiveness for our sins, and God begins to set us apart and clean us as a vessel fit for him to use.
Power and Authority: Refers to the authority God gives his saints, authorizing them to act to the extent that they are led by faith. Authority conferred power; delegated empowerment (authorization) operating in a designated jurisdiction.
In the scriptures, Jesus walked in authority; he also gave power and authority to his disciples. They had authority and power to cast out unclean spirits, heal the sick, speak in new tongues, and power over serpents. Mark 16:15-18
This commission has not ceased; if the twelve disciples had power and authority over all devils and to cure diseases etc., we should be walking in greater works than these.
- John 14:12 I assure you and most solemnly say to you, anyone who believes in Me [as Savior] will also do the things that I do, and he will do even greater things than these [in extent and outreach] because I am going to the Father. ‘
As Jesus continued to explain in John chapter 14, he assured us that we are his representatives. As his representatives on earth, if we ask anything in his name, he will do it (According to his word). Therefore, our obedience to his commandments shows our love for him. As we walk in obedience, Jesus will ask the Father to give us the Holy Spirit (Paracletos, one called alongside to help). The Holy Spirit is our Helper, Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor, Counselor, Strengthener, Standby, and the Spirit of Truth.
When we Evangelize, we need the infilling of the Holy Spirit. We cannot evangelize through our ability; only through the Holy Spirit’s power can we be an effective witness. When Jesus was leaving, he advised the disciples to remain in Jerusalem until they were equipped with power from on high.
Luke 24:46-49 and that repentance [necessary] for forgiveness of sins would be preached in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem. and said, “And so it is written, that the Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed) would suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, You are witnesses of these things. Listen carefully: I am sending the Promise of My Father [the Holy Spirit] upon you; but you are to remain in the city [of Jerusalem] until you are clothed (fully equipped) with power from on high.” ‘
Power from on High:
Acts 2:1-3 and suddenly a sound came from heaven like a rushing violent wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. There appeared to them tongues resembling fire, which were being distributed [among them], and they rested on each one of them [as each person received the Holy Spirit]. When the day of Pentecost had come, they were all together in one place, ‘
During Pentecost, the believers were together in one place. Suddenly, a sound came from heaven like a violent rushing wind; it filled the house where they were sitting. Tongues of FIRE appeared, which were distributed among the believers and rested on each of them.
Immediately after being filled with the Holy Spirit, Peter preached his first sermon, and as a result, more than 3,000 souls were added to the body of believers. Acts 2:40-41
The Fire of God:
- Matthew 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:.’
God is a consuming fire; his fire burns anything un-Holy. His fire also purifies, which brings about an awareness of sin; this leads to a life of repentance and righteousness.
Elijah/Jezebel/Ahab/God of Fire:
In 1st Kings 18, God sent Elijah to confront Ahab and the false prophets of Baal. There was a famine in Samaria; Elijah spoke with Obadiah and advised him to let Ahab know he was in town. Elijah confronted Ahab and informed him that he and his Father’s house had forsaken the commandments of the Lord and followed after idols.
Elijah asked everyone to gather at Mt. Carmel 450 Prophets of Baal, 400 prophets of the grove that ate at Jezebel’s table. If we are going to be an evangelist of fire, we must first confront what is false. There can be no compromise; God expects us to make a difference between the Holy and Profane.
Jezebel destroyed the prophets of the Lord along with Ahab. Together, they instituted false god worship, the worship of the Asherah (goddess) & Baal. When this was formed, the children of Israel followed after their strange gods. When Elijah met them at Mount Carmel, he asked the people how long will they halt “limp” between two opinions? Choose God or Baal, but they didn’t answer him.
He challenged the prophets of Baal to dress their bullock, and he will dress his bullock with NO fire under the wood. The GOD who answers by fire let him be God; all the people answered and said it is well-spoken.
As an evangelist, we will have a confrontation with the harlot church. The false church is instituted by Jezebel & Ahab; they are enemies of the cross, and God commands us not to tolerate these spirits. When Elijah confronted the people, they were double-minded (halt/limp) between two opinions. The Bible warns about double-mindedness; either we will drink from the cup of the Lord or the cup of devils. Every false teacher, prophet, etc., is eating from the table of Jezebel and drinking the wine of the harlot; in short, they are in covenant with devils.
- 1st Corinthians 10:21 You cannot drink [both] the Lord’s cup and the cup of demons. You cannot share in both the Lord’s table and the table of demons [thereby becoming partners with them].
The great whore will receive judgment and doom; this spirit influences several nations and commits acts of fornication. Several kings have committed fornication with the whore, as they sit at the table of Jezebel drinking from her golden cup of abominations.
She is a harlot and idolater. Like a harlot, she sells her body, yields to defilement, engages in unlawful sexual intercourse; this spirit is the chief seat of idolatry. The harlot corrupts, demoralizes, and poisons the earth with lewdness and adultery.
The golden cup of abominations has defilements, pollution, filthiness, and uncleanliness. Jezebel influences spiritually corrupting ideas, evil intentions, and witchcraft. This spirit is drunk with the blood of the saints of God, just like Jezebel was responsible for destroying the prophets of God in 1st Kings 18.
- Revelation 17:1-2 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and spoke with me, saying, “Come here, I will show you the judgment and doom of the great prostitute who is seated on many waters [influencing nations], she with whom the kings of the earth have committed acts of immorality, and the inhabitants of the earth have become intoxicated with the wine of her fornication.” ‘
- 1 Corinthians 6:18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body, but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
- Rev 2:20 Notwithstanding, I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.
The spirit of Jezebel is a defiling and seducing spirit. It teaches God’s servants to commit fornication. Fornication is from the word porneia, which is from the root verb pernao = to sell, porneuo = to play the harlot; pornos = male prostitute) originally referred to any excessive behavior or lack of restraint, but eventually became associated with sexual excess and indulgence of every extramarital, unlawful, or unnatural sexual intercourse.
Committing fornication is sinning against our bodies; our body is the temple of the HolyGhost who dwells within us. We are not our own; we have liberty in Christ but not for an occasion to sin. Fornication causes us to forsake the true God and worship idols playing the harlot.
These are the same idols Elijah had to face in his day, and we see these idols in our current age. Jezebel has caused many to play the harlot and forsake the worship of the one and only true God and worship at the altar of idols. Our society is perverse; good is considered evil, and evil is considered good. When we confront people with the truth, they become limp between two opinions, unable to answer a word. If we desire to be used by God as an evangelist, we must completely disengage from Jezebel’s table and return to the table of the Lord completely no compromise.
The Spirit of Elijah:
- Malachi 4:5-6 Behold, I am going to send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and terrible day of the Lord. He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers [a reconciliation produced by repentance], so that I will not come and strike the land with a curse [of complete destruction].
Elijah was the true prophet of God; when he confronted the false prophets of Baal, he demonstrated the proper way to reconcile our relationship with God our Father. Let’s look at a few points below:
- Elijah rebuilt the altar of the Lord that Jezebel had torn down. 1st Kings 18:30 As we repent and lead others to repentance through evangelism, we want to point their hearts in the direction of the father to be reconciled to God through Jesus. (Spirit of reconciliation) Col 1:19-20
- The spirit of Elijah is patriarchal; as he rebuilt the altar, he took twelve stones according to the number of the tribes of the sons of Jacob to build it.
- Elijah had confidence in God, which caused him to walk in obedience to his commands.
- Elijah turned the hearts of the people back to the worship of God.
When their hearts turned back to God, the fire of the Lord fell. God’s fire consumed the burnt offering, the wood, the stones, and the dust. It also licked up the water in the trench. This demonstration of God’s power caused the people to face downward and confess, “The Lord, He is God!” The false prophets were seized and killed after this showdown.
The church is currently in a spiritual famine; when we destroy the false, we will experience an abundance of rain—a mighty outpouring of the Spirit of God. God is raising fire evangelists to make a stand for holiness.
- Hebrews 1:7 And concerning the angels He says, “Who makes His angels winds, And His ministering servants flames of fire [to do His bidding].
- Jude 1:23 And on some have compassion, making a distinction; but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire, hating even the garment defiled by the flesh.
In closing, the commandment Jesus gave us is to “go forth and preach the gospel to all creation.” The Lord will go with us as we go forth, confirming his word with signs following. Ask your self are you ready to GO?! When you GO, the Lord will be with you.
Mark 16:15-20 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. He who has believed [in Me] and has been baptized will be saved [from the penalty of God’s wrath and judgment]; but he who has not believed will be condemned. These signs will accompany those who have believed: in My name they will cast out demons, they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up serpents, and if they drink anything deadly, it will not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will get well.” So then, when the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, He was taken up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God. And they went out and preached everywhere, while the Lord was working with them and confirming the word by the signs that followed.
I hope you enjoyed this teaching. Feel free to message or comment below.
· The Offensive Weapons of Evangelism
· Doing The Work Of An Evangelist
God Bless You All!!
Please visit our site for bible studies and teachings at omegaministries.org.
Consider supporting our end-time work. View the video presentations for Dunamis Tabernacle below. If you’d like to support the ministry, click on support, and donate on the omega ministries website. We appreciate your time.
Dunamis Tabernacle Presentation: https://www.youtube.com/watch v=e3eAnPjAkTI