There are 3 particular areas that are very popular in public schools right now that Christian parents need to be aware of: Mindfulness – Many mystic practices are being introduced to students through mindfulness. Mindfulness activities are influenced heavily by New Age teachings and eastern mysticism. This is a practice that is happening in schools […]3 Areas Christian Parents Need to Know About
Isaiah 58:5Is a fast such as this what I have chosen, a day for a man to humble himself [with sorrow in his soul]? Is it only to bow down his head like a reed And to make sackcloth and ashes as a bed [pretending to have a repentant heart]? Do you call this a fast and a day pleasing to the Lord? ‘
As born-again believers, fasting is essential to our spiritual lives. Fasting is beneficial; rather, it is a full or partial fast; the key is setting your heart/face to seek God. There are certain types of fasts, but as we seek God, we want to embark on a fast that is pleasing to the Lord. As stated in the above scripture, there is such A fast that is pleasing to the Lord. God has given us his key to effective fasting; let us read Isaiah 58 to understand the proper fast in which the Lord delights.
What is fasting?Fasting is the discipline or practice of abstaining from or eating very little food for biblical reasons. The KJV translates Strong’s H6684 in the following manner: root; to cover over (the mouth) In short, fasting is the act of refraining from or not eating very little food; during A fast, the goal is to place A cover over the mouth.
Always approach fasting with humility. Fasting must be genuine and not religious or hypocritical. God wants us to do all things with the correct motives, including fasting. During your fast, it should be A time of examining your heart and repenting.
Types of fast: As we notice, fasting is to abstain from food; several people may fast from: TV, the internet, social media, etc. to abstain from these things aren’t bad. However, to fast biblically means to abstain from food.
- Full Fasts: Complete fast with or without drinks and completely no food.
- Partial Fasts: Abstaining from food for A certain amount of time. A partial fast can include some food such as vegetables and can be done for long lengths.
Why should we fast? Fasting draws us near to God. God is not interested in our outward show; instead, he looks at our hearts. When we draw nigh to God, he will draw near to us James 4:8 There are several biblical reasons for fasting, some reasons are in Isaiah 58:
To undo the bonds of wickedness: God wants to break/lose the band (fetter) of wickedness & iniquity in our lives. Are you or someone you know bound by sin? Scripture tells us that when we are bound by sin, we are servants and slaves to sin John 8:34. Romans 6:16 rather its pornography, masturbation, alcoholism, adultery, lying, fornication, or any besetting sin, GOD wants to set you free. You may need to incorporate fasting with your prayers for your complete breakthrough and revival.
To undo the heavy burdens: God wants to remove and violently shake/tear off the heavy yokes/bands of burdens weighing us down. A burden is something that is carried. Such as A load. A burden can be: False responsibilities; burdens are typically something oppressive and worrisome A heavy burden of guilt, A financial burden, or simply us trying to bear the load for someone. Let us read what Jesus says about these burdens:
- Matthew 11:29-30 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
To let the oppressed go free and break apart every enslaving yoke: Fasting will set those free who are oppressed, bruised, broken, and discouraged in their spirits. The spirit of oppression is like that of A broken vessel; it weighs you down in your body and mind. If you’re feeling: sad, anxiety, moodiness, hopelessness, or any suicidal tendencies, you’re dealing with A spirit of oppression (depression). Scripture tells us to put on the garment of praise in exchange for this spirit. As you begin to praise the Lord, oppression will begin to lift. When you add fasting and prayer, you will have the anointing to destroy every yoke of oppression.
Results of A Godly fast: Isaiah 58:8-12
- Fasting can cause your light to spring forth. The Holy Spirit provides illumination; we need this illumination to make all things clear. When the light of Christ comes forth, darkness must flee.
- Fasting brings good health and wholeness quickly; it can break the power of sickness and infirmity.
- Our righteousness will go before us, leading us to peace and prosperity.
- Fasting releases God’s Glory and protection; the Glory of the Lord will be our rereward. God’s Glory will cover us as A defense.
- Fasting can result in answered prayer when we call; the Lord will answer, if we cry, he will say, “hear I am.” Once we take away from our midst, the yoke of oppression we place on others, the finger (accusing others), and the tongue that speaks evil. Examine your heart!
- When we offer ourselves to assist the hungry (spiritually and physically) and satisfy the afflicted (distressed, tormented), our light will rise in the darkness. Our gloom will become like the noonday. When we become selfless servants in God’s kingdom, all of these things will be added unto us because we are seeking his kingdom first.
‘Isaiah 58:11-12 And the Lord will continually guide you, And satisfy your soul in scorched and dry places, And give strength to your bones; And you will be like a watered garden, And like a spring of water whose waters do not fail. And your people will rebuild the ancient ruins; You will raise up and restore the age-old foundations [of buildings that have been laid waste]; You will be called Repairer of the Breach, Restorer of Streets with Dwellings. ‘
There are many benefits and breakthroughs when we incorporate fasting with our prayers. Prayer and fasting help us to clear the obstacles to our faith and faith-filled actions. It has been said that fasting is “super-charged prayer.” The flesh has primary needs or desires for food. Our need for food is dominant. Quoted from book
These natural desires are valid but can quickly become too intense (A snare, lust, inordinate, or gluttony), dominating us. Fasting is A way to assert control over the flesh where it counts. Fasting, coupled with prayer, is one of the most powerful weapons to your breakthrough. To overcome those besetting sins or draw near God, I encourage you to fast and pray for breakthrough.
I’ve written A sample prayer for when you begin your fast. God is waiting to hear from us. Seek God while there is still time and allow the Holy Spirit to lead you into the fast that pleases GOD.
Prayer: Heavenly Father, I thank you for your chosen fast according to your word in ISA 58. Father, I enter into this fast seeking your Divine intervention seeking you wholeheartedly to know your will for my life. I am praying and fasting this day for (whatever you’re fasting for) Father; I pray that you will give me A broken heart over my sins. Remove every desire to do my own will or my pleasures during this time of fasting. I ask that you give me A heart of fasting, not one that is fasting to be seen of men but YOU.
I come before you to humble myself with sorrow in my soul. Father, I pray that every band of wickedness will be loosed, all heavy burdens will be undone, and that you break every yoke in my life in Jesus’s name. Father set people Free who are oppressed by heavy burdens and those who are troubled mentally or physically (anxiety).
Lord, fill me with your unselfish love, teach me how to love you with my whole heart, and love others unselfishly. Help me seek the best for others during this time of fasting lead me to those who cannot help themselves both physically and spiritually. Lord, help me be available to my own family’s needs and help the poor and needy as led by your Spirit. Father, I seal these prayers in the blood of Jesus, believing that these words will not return void according to your word. Thank you, father, in advance for your answered prayers, and I believe it is done in Jesus’s name AMEN!
Make your petition and request known to God. What are you seeking and believing God for according to his word/will? 2nd Chronicles 7:14
Please visit our online bible-studies at http://omegaministries.org/
Bible Study: “How To Fast Successfully” Derek Prince https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqzZlpL5-YI
“My people ask counsel at their stocks, and their staff declareth unto them: for the spirit of whoredoms hath caused them to err, and they have gone a whoring from under their God.” – Hosea 4:12 We all know what whoredom is in the physical since, but what exactly is “the spirit of whoredom“? […]The Spirit Of Whoredom
2nd Thessalonians 2:3 Let no one in any way deceive or entrap you, for that day will not come unless the apostasy comes first [that is, the great rebellion, the abandonment of the faith by professed Christians], and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction [the Antichrist, the one who is destined to be destroyed],
2nd Thessalonians 2:7-8 For the mystery of lawlessness [rebellion against divine authority and the coming reign of lawlessness] is already at work; [but it is restrained] only until he who now restrains it is taken out of the way. Then the lawless one [the Antichrist] will be revealed, and the Lord Jesus will slay him with the breath of His mouth and bring him to an end by the appearance of His coming.
In the scripture above, the Apostle Paul provides A few proceedings that are prophesied to happen before Jesus Second Coming:
- There will be A falling away = A great Rebellion against the Christian faith by professed Christians.
- The Anti-Christ (the man of lawlessness) will be revealed, and he will demand worship
- A mystery of Iniquity (lawlessness) (Rebellion against divine authority and the coming reign of lawlessness)
Continually listed in these scriptures are the words: Rebellion, and lawlessness. An Apostasy is a rebellion against God Almighty and His Son, Jesus Christ. This reveals there will be (in these end times) professing Christians with A spirit of rebellion. There will also be A rebellious uprising against God, our Father.
Rebellion defined: Rebellion is Opposition to one in authority or dominance. A refusal of obedience of order, an open resistance against established authority.
- Romans 13:1 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God [granted by His permission and sanction], and those which exist have been put in place by God.
Divine Authority: God has an established order, In the Bible, God outlines authority structures which provide direction for the family, church, workplace, and government. Let us focus on two authority structures the family and the church.
In recent “worldly” events, we’ve noticed an uprising/revolt of rebellion against police(requesting to defund the police), local governors and etc. While the protestors in the street scream against social injustice, God has shown me A different view regarding these riots. These individuals aren’t upset with the President, or police brutality; instead, they are rebelling against GOD the Father. These are fatherless children who have past hurts, offenses, and disappointments from their earthly Father. Since these offenses have not been adequately resolved, it causes lawlessness and rebellion against ALL authority.
In the family, the correct structure is God>Jesus>Husband>Wife>Children. God entrusts husbands with the leadership of the family unit. A husband is to love his wife as he loves himself. A wife is to submit to the leadership of her husband, coming alongside him as a helpmate. Parents are responsible for training their children, and children are to honor and obey their parents. (See Ephesians 5:21–6:4 and Proverbs 6:20–21.) When this order is correct, it usually flows from the home to the local church. (This is God’s design)
- 1 Timothy 3:1-2,4-5 Now an overseer must be blameless and beyond reproach, the husband of one wife, self-controlled, sensible, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, This is a faithful and trustworthy saying: if any man [eagerly] seeks the office of overseer (bishop, superintendent), he desires an excellent task. 4-5 He must manage his own household well, keeping his children under control with all dignity [keeping them respectful and well-behaved] (for if a man does not know how to manage his own household, how will he take care of the church of God?). ‘
Although this is God’s design, it has been turned upside down. It happened in the garden with Adam and Eve and is prevalent in the home today. Not following God’s will has led to fatherless, broken homes, and broken children. This is expressed in rebellion and lawlessness against all authority, even in the church. When we think of the great falling away, we picture someone leaving the church or faith for atheism or A false belief (which is true), but the root cause seems to come from A spirit of rebellion. We must remember rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, if we are led by A rebellious spirit, we’ve now opened the door to witchcraft.
The rebellious home & The rebellious church: The incorrect Order in the (disobedient) household is: Jezebel>Wife>Husband> Children this is A perverted order, and it always leads to A Matriarchal Society this society will always rebel against Gods true prophets. Which is why we will see A End-time rebellion even in the church. The issue starts in the home, but if it isn’t set in God’s correct order, it will flow into the local church. As we look at the “Professing “Christian” church, we can clearly see this perverted order in Operation.
Mostly all sin and corruption in our society roots from the loss of Godly love from our earthly fathers. As a result, we see an uprising against all authority, including God.
Read the following Article: The Spirit of Jezebel Fatherless
The Spirit of Rebellion and The Jezebel spirit: Our battle is never against flesh & blood (EPH 6), so although we experience our hurt from humans, we must understand these vessels are/were under the influence of an evil spirit. Some spirits that are associated with the Spirit of Rebellion are:
- Anti-submissiveness: “Not willing to submit or yield to the authority of another”
- Selfishness: “concerned excessively or exclusively with oneself: seeking or concentrating on one’s own advantage, pleasure, or well-being without regard for others.”
- Unteachable: “Unable to be taught.”
- Hatred of Authority: “Extreme dislike or disgust for authority.”
The spirit of rebellion is also associated with the Jezebel spirit along with female dominance, witchcraft, control, this Jezebel spirit Operates through A curse destroying God’s order and the family priesthood. This is the primary goal. As A Result, We currently have A society that has been rooted in rebellion and in defiance against authority.
Our rightful place as Christian believers is to seek God and have him restore our souls. It doesn’t matter what hurt, pain, offense, or broken hearts we’ve experienced. Our role is to forgive. We must forgive to heal.
- Ezekiel 18:1-4 The word of the Lord came to me again, saying, “What do you mean by using this proverb concerning the land of Israel, ‘The fathers eat sour grapes [they sin], But the children’s teeth are set on edge’? As I live,” says the Lord God, “you are certainly not going to use this proverb [as an excuse] in Israel anymore. Behold (pay close attention), all souls are Mine; the soul of the Father as well as the soul of the son is Mine. The soul who sins will die.
We are (I believe) in A season of restoration, God is restoring the hearts of the Fathers and children. He is turning the hearts of the children back to the fathers, he is doing A quick and mighty work in these end-times. God is calling his children to A deeper, more intimate relationship with him, but we must deal with these root issues. Dealing with these issues will remove all barriers that hinder us from growing closer to our heavenly Father.
- James 4:8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.
- Hebrews 12:9 Furthermore, we have all had earthly fathers who disciplined us, and we respected them. Should we not much more submit to the Father of our spirits and live?
- Psalm 68:5-6 A father of the fatherless and a judge and protector of the widows, Is God in His holy habitation. God makes a home for the lonely; He leads the prisoners into prosperity, Only the stubborn and rebellious dwell in a parched land. ‘
In conclusion, If A root of rebellion is identified, the first step is to repent and be reconciled back to the Father. We will continue this study; further, I pray this has been A blessing feel free to comment below. God Bless!
Please view our bible-studies online: Omegaministries.org feel free to support this end-time mission.
It’s springtime, and many are planning to clean their homes, offices, and personal spaces. De-cluttering & organization is at the top of their lists. Although cleaning, organizing, de-cluttering, is A good thing very few people give A second thought about cleaning their spiritual house.
Our bodies are considered A temple, and we should treat it as such. We must guard what we allow in because the devil plan is to steal, kill, defile and ultimately destroy us.
John 10:10 NKJV
10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly.
Sin opens the door for demonic spirits to enter our lives. Its time we close every doorway we’ve opened to the enemy. In Matthew 12:43-45 and Luke11:24-26 scripture tells us that when an evil “unclean spirit” is gone out of our bodies [if it should try and come back] it should never find the house empty, swept, and garnished. The above scripture is referring to our (body) and also our home.
Empty, Swept and garnished refers to our spiritual lives we must continually remain in Gods presence. Prayer, Reading Gods Word, Fasting, Praise & Worship are all necessary for our spiritual growth. We must keep our mind on the Lord.
We also can have spiritual freedom by removing objects from our home that brings curses & sin into our lives. There are unclean cursed objects in homes that we need to rid out of our lives and house. These cursed objects can open A doorway for evil spirits to enter into our home. We must be vigilant and use discernment with the items we allow into our home.
As mentioned above, we need to rely on the Holy Spirit to lead us and guide us in all things. He is our teacher, comforter & the Spirit of Truth he will give us wisdom in all things.
Deuteronomy 7:26: Neither shalt thou bring an abomination into thine house, lest thou be a cursed thing(banned, a doomed object, dedicated thing) like it: but thou shall utterly detest it(loathe it), and thou shalt utterly abhor it; for it is a cursed thing
As we can see from the scripture above, God considers the accursed objects an abomination. A cursed object is something that is banned and dedicated to a false god. We can now understand why we are commanded to destroy these items and abhor them quickly. God wants to see his people set free, and the devil wants to keep us bound. Be vigilant sisters & brothers.
Pray over everything you purchase for your home, anoint all items with oil. I also recommend anointing the food you are buying from your local market place. Satan is crafty he is always on the prowl seeking whom he may devour. Wisdom, discernment and living A Holy separated life is essential. Please CLOSE THE DOOR TO SIN, and the EVIL OBJECTS it doesn’t matter how unique the item is if the Holy Spirit shows you an accursed object in your home we must obey and utterly destroy it.
“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:” (1 Peter 5:8)
I’ve provided A link with A list of accursed objects that we may have ignorantly allowed into our home. I will name a few below but, for a more detailed list, please click the URL below. As always, there is a prayer to follow.
- Cursed Objects List (This includes items I have seen personally and owned)
- Crystal Ball
- African Masks, statues and figurines
- Angel Statues
- Animals fantasy – dragons, unicorns, satyrs, gryphons, mermaids, Phoenix,
- Any pictures of Jesus
- Anything is promoting magic, witchcraft and the occult.
For A more detailed list of cursed object access this url’s below: https://www.shoutingfromtherooftop.com/things-to-remove-from-our-homes-and-churches.html
Psalm 103:2 Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
Isn’t it a blessing to be a child of the Most High God? Think about all of the spiritual blessings and benefits he has for those who fear him. Recently I was reading Psalm 103 and I began to meditate on the benefits GOD supplies to his children. The most amazing thing about his benefits is GOD loads us daily. The Following verbs express the benefits of GOD: forgives, heals, redeems, crowns, and satisfies.
Let’s look at some of the benefits of the Lord:
· God forgives ALL of our iniquities- (If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1st John 1:9)
· God heals all of our diseases
· He redeems our life from destruction and crowns us with lovingkindness and tender mercies
· The Lord executeth righteousness and judgment for all that are oppressed.
· He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.
In Psalms 116:12 the psalmist asks an important question… What shall I render unto the Lord for all his benefits toward me? God is the creator of the universe, we can only offer him our bodies as a living Sacrifice. Offer the Lord the sacrifice of thanksgiving and call upon his name, most importantly obey GOD. Obedience is better than sacrifice, Jesus told us if we love him we will keep his commandments. I wanted to share this psalm with you all, take time to read it in your personal time and I pray it bless you as well.
Most importantly remember God’s benefits daily!